Looks like my 2F head is toast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a good shop near the Orange county, CA area to do a 2F head rebuild? Looks like I may have a burnt valve or two.

This is a bit a drive for you, but Martin Davidson in Reseda is the guy who does MAFs stuff -- Great work and very knowledgeable about 2F motors.

18410 Gault St
Reseda, CA 91335
(818) 705-2441

The one in the pic is from Martin.

Or, you could take the head to Mark Algazy of Mark's Off Road 818-953-9230 and he'll have the work done thru his machinist. Mark also sells rebuilds outright if yours is a serviceable core. He just did one for dtt255.

Don't know anyone in OC, sorry.
IMG_2581.jpg

Last edited:
Spike...thanks for the info. I'll give him a call. It's a Man-a-Fre motor anyhow so it already went through his hands years ago. :)

He keeps a record of all engine serial #s he's worked on... He might have some info for you.

Good luck.

Well, looks like I might need to just drop the Cruiser off at MAF. I just do not have the skills for how involved this is starting to get.

I explained the valve/head situation along with some oil consumption worries I have noticed earlier on. Martin's shop doesn't think the motor may be usable since they fear the bottom end won't be usable. It is already at max on piston size. Plus, they don't do any installations...so I need a shop that can do that. Any suggestions? Mark A.?

Well, if you're just looking at a head remove/replace with head rebuild, MUD folks could certainly walk you through that. Not really that difficult, just arduous and intimidating if you've never done it before...

There are plenty of MUD folks in OC that might give you a hand on a Sat or Sun ... Lots of write-ups on Head Gasket replacement, and you don't need specialized tools beyond a good assortment of wrenches and extensions and an extensive cussing vocabulary :D If you live near the Crystal Cathedral, you will burn in Heck, afterwards.

Also depends greatly if this is your DD and how long you can afford to have it out of service.

But if there are other engine issues going on, I would certainly give Mark a call. He's very good at giving you your options.

If you've never talked to Mark before, know that he's a one-man shop and very busy (there's a reason for that). He only takes calls between 1-6pm M-F, and if he does not answer, LEAVE a msg. He'll call you back. Tell him Spike sent you.

818-953-9230

If you wanna talk further, PM me and I'll send you my phone #

Alf

Got your PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom