Looking to sell 91’ FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to sell my 1991 FJ80. Just not sure how much to ask for it. It needs an engine rebuild/new engine. Compression test came back showing blown #6 piston. I have taken it to two mechanics. The rear passenger tail gate/fender is missing from an accident years ago. A/C is out. It has roughly 280k miles. Other normal wear and tear. Question is whether I should spend the money to replace the engine or just sell it. Thoughts?

A lot more people on here with more experience with these legends than myself but you might consider parting it out. A lot of parts are becoming NLA

Nonrunning without ac or tailgate spunds like a part out for $600. Running then the price goes way up. It’s a hassle to get tge engine rebuilt and then sell it.

Asking someone to bring a trailer and pick up a car/truck that is one step from a junkyard isn't going to gain you much $$ so figure $500 to $1000 and it will be gone quickly. It isn't a rare truck so it isn't worth much. Junkyard usually offers less than $500 but they pick it up for free.

Last edited:
Donate it to a charity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom