looking to buy fj40 up to $2500 in west US, anybody seen a good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hello all, looking for a fj40 that will drive on the highway with roof and doors included. I am trying to find one in colorado, utah phoenix or between LA and grand canyon. Me and the :princess: are flying into LA on the 1st of august and are going to try to find a fj40 we can drive back to canada. We would like to see the grand canyon on the way back and we will be driving up through oregon on the way back.

I know that $2500 is a bit on the small side to find a cruiser but every once in a while you see something go for this much. If we dont find one we may just buy something else cheap for a road trip home.

If anyone happens to come across one on craigslist or something please give me a email or PM or something.

Also any info involving this trip is welcome, i may start a different thread in chat if need be.

Last edited:
I doubt you'll find anything at that price that will make that trip.:bounce: :bounce2:

im looking for something like the 40 in georgia posted on here for $1950. something i can throw a newer carb and fresh oil, maybe some fresh plugs in and try to make the border.
At least if i find something soon and can find out what needs to be repaired i can look for parts in advance.
I know what you are saying but gotta try any way.

how about my 1970 55 in Helena MT for $1100?

i was looking at that, but i am actually after a 40 series. I already have a 60 and i would like to build up a 40, looking for one i can do repairs and paint and make quite comfortable for driving around town. Will have to let the :princess: drive it too. She'll have a harder time with the 60 when i get it up on 38's.

I have seen more than a few on here looking for a nice 55 though. I think someone will scoop it up soon enough.

Cheers!

If you find one, please post pictures and a driving log back to the Maple Leaf Land. I would love to follow that adventure. Sorry 'bout the chat, so TTT we go.

Thanks alot for the links guys! I put in a bid on the expensive one and asked for more info on the rusty one. I am willing to deal with a pretty rusty cruiser.Let me know if you see anymore like those.

Looking around now im starting to see that there is actually quite a few cheaper 40's out there, but they seem to be not running or bought a couple days earlier.

When we get a 40 and drive up north ill try and make a thread in Chat about our budget 40 adventure, Maybe well get to meet a few cruiser heads on the way!
It would be kind of interesting to see if an old 40 can make it up there with no problems.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks alot for the links guys! I put in a bid on the expensive one and asked for more info on the rusty one. I am willing to deal with a pretty rusty cruiser.Let me know if you see anymore like those.

Let me knwo if you need someone to check them out. I live about 5 mi. from the rusty one.

I ran across this one while traveling. They guy uses it as a hunting rig and drive it about twice a year. he hasn't been hunting in two years and is thinking about selling it. It does have a PTO winch but he has not brought himself to gut a hole in the floor for the lever.
69 FJ40.jpg
69 FJ40 1.jpg
69 FJ 40 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom