looking for US source for hardware on paki top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have the twist wingdings that bolt to the tub and the loops that go through the canvas, so the quest has now focused on finding the hardware/buckles that secures the straps that go through the footman loops on the tub and the rear doors.

anybody have any luck finding any of those buckles anywhere? IIRC i think you need 3 on each side, and 2 on each rear door for a total of 10. any suggestions?

TIA

I would send Jim(OCD beetle) a message to see where he sources his when he makes a top. Hope he responds to you.... Another person to contact is JohnnyC, he is a soft top guru

Look on www.McMaster.com
They have all types of buckles. I bought some of the stainless steel ones and left one outside to see how fast it would rust. Within one month, it had surface rust. If you want something that will never rust look for plastic ones or find some mil-spec ones made from 100% US stainless steel or get some plated.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Beachwood canvas has buckles as well as ODcloth

...however the Pakistan tops dont use cotton webbing...it uses rolled canvas sewn...dont know how they would hold up to the 'slide' jaws or 'swing' type jaws of military type buckles.

you'll probably want more of like a Tab buckle that wount tear into the canvas...or as Alex said ...plastic/nylon.

Strapworks has alot of stuff
Nationalwebbing also has stuff
Johnhowards company has alot of the plastic stuff
Jotay ?spelling? company has stuff as well

There are alot of places...but...most only sell in bulk

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom