looking for trails in NV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Summer is getting close so i have started thinking about summer wheeling trips. So far only done trails in CA, so looking to go out of state. Trying to go some distance and spend a few days on the trails....

I know there are a many cruisers that live or have wheeled in NV. Any advice or recommendations would be great!! :cheers:

Ryan

Northeast corner of nevada is good. Take a trip to Jarbidge, Nevada. Its out of the way and scenic. I had a good time there last summer.
Jarbidge.jpg

Yep, blackrock is good too. Duffurrena ponds is a good place to start out there. Its on the sheldon Nat. park

If you are coming to Nevada in the middle of summer I would head Northeast as mentioned above...Jarbidge area. The Pine Forest along with Sheldon is also a nice place to explore. Camp at Onion Reservoir or Knott Creek Reservoir (both in the Pine Forest range south of Denio)...these are popular fly fishing spots (assuming Onion has water in it...which it didn't last year).

Or East Central NV is great too: Great Basin National Park...higher elevation...the least visited National park! There are also a few State campgrounds over that way: Ward Ovens State Park (really neat historical charcoal ovens here); Cave Lake State Park (I think this one actually has showers).

July & August can be downright ornery hot at anything below 6-7,000'...and dusty (of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom