Looking for LC 80 Quad Lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in US selling ?
I see lot of LC 80 in Columbia with quad lights. Any idea how to buy a pair from there?

81110-60342jpg.image.200x160.jpg

Back Up iPhone Picture aug 2011 1154a.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

About a billion of them here in Aus as @mudgudgeon said. You should look on ebay.com.au, or you won't see listings that don't advertise postage to the US. There's this one for example:
But you'll see it only advertises postage to Australia. If you search on the ebay.com site you won't find this one doing the search. Best bet is to search on the Aussie site, and if it's listed as Australia only, contact the seller and see if they're willing to post internationally. You'll need the surround as well as the light cluster, which looks like this:

I prefer the quad style myself, as long as you've got the semi-sealed halogen style, which take the H4 bulbs. You can put in good globes for a nice bright light, and no crappy plastic front to scratch or go hazy. Fit the headlamp protectors to make them rock-proof and they'll last forever, and they're set back to protect them from getting broken, even when bush-bashing or in a minor fender bender.

Australian here, Why do you want them lol.
They are subpar to the single piece style ones, only the Sahara/VX (basically rarer top of the range thing) got the better lights

We got both styles down here as well, with the VX exclusively having glass housing headlights. They are indeed superior when comparing them in stock halogen form, but I'm guessing these guys have a couple reasons to do so:

1) We all want what we can't have, right? I guess that's the main reason.

2) More function over fashion kind of thing: You can install drop-in LED replacements that will make light output and beam pattern quality on the quad beams much superior to the glass housings with whatever bulb you want to throw in there.

I personally installed Trucklite drop ins on my quad beam 80 and the difference is outrageous. I would change out a glass housing for a quad beam any day just to replace them with LEDs any day of the week.

We got both styles down here as well, with the VX exclusively having glass housing headlights. They are indeed superior when comparing them in stock halogen form, but I'm guessing these guys have a couple reasons to do so:

2) More function over fashion kind of thing: You can install drop-in LED replacements that will make light output and beam pattern quality on the quad beams much superior to the glass housings with whatever bulb you want to throw in there.

I personally installed Trucklite drop ins on my quad beam 80 and the difference is outrageous. I would change out a glass housing for a quad beam any day just to replace them with LEDs any day of the week.

This post is useless without pics :lol:

About a billion of them here in Aus as @mudgudgeon said. You should look on ebay.com.au, or you won't see listings that don't advertise postage to the US. There's this one for example:
But you'll see it only advertises postage to Australia. If you search on the ebay.com site you won't find this one doing the search. Best bet is to search on the Aussie site, and if it's listed as Australia only, contact the seller and see if they're willing to post internationally. You'll need the surround as well as the light cluster, which looks like this:
Do you also need this per side?

That's not a surround, that's actually an empty housing. One of those is attached to the back of the headlamps in the first link. Don't buy that separate. All you need is the housing with lamps, springs, and mounting rings present, then the surround to go over the front.

Now, picking one with the semi-sealed halogen globe type could be trickier. This one I linked to earlier however, is that type, confirmed by the VIN, and that it looks identical to mine:
Here's what the outer most lamp should look like on the semi-sealed type:
1626742634425.png

The inner one will look similar with slightly different markings.

That last paragraph is why I want them. I’ve done multiple projector retrofits since my first in 2004 (back when it was hard, lol) but I refuse to put them in my 80. Looks like RICE to me.

The Depo housings alone look fine, but I don’t like them with a retrofit done.

I’ve read that the corner lights are specific to the quad lights also. So you supposedly need those also to do the conversation.

Australian here, Why do you want them lol.
They are subpar to the single piece style ones, only the Sahara/VX (basically rarer top of the range thing) got the better lights
lol Do you have a full set to ship out?
My answer to your question as to 'why' is redundancy, versatility, robustness, and looks -in that order - over the factory single units. And not trying to hijack the thread. Just answering.
Gotta choose one, yeah?

That last paragraph is why I want them. I’ve done multiple projector retrofits since my first in 2004 (back when it was hard, lol) but I refuse to put them in my 80. Looks like RICE to me.

The Depo housings alone look fine, but I don’t like them with a retrofit done.

I too dislike the look of projectors inside an old universal housing. Even on most non-projector headlights I think they just look weird. That's the reason I've chosen Trucklite a few times. and the reason I've been tempted to install KC 7in rounds. It doesn't have a bunch of projectors in it.

Well I had mixed opinions as to the aesthetics of the Trucklites. The 4x6" versions that fit 60s and 80s look blacked out from an angle, and chromed from others. From the "chromed angle" they looked pretty close to stock. From the blacked-out angle they looked a bit weird, but I stopped minding once I turned them on.

For the same reason I don't like the look of JW Speakers, personally. But the output is second to none. Plus, you can buy chromed versions which look closer to a normal reflector from a distance, keeping a somewhat stock look from afar. I'm sure you'd stop minding once you turn them on as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom