Looking for input on a 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEA usa-spec. factory stock exhaust system routing and component features original PLANT A11 installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
hi ,

im looking to better understand the original stock factory exhaust system layout , routing , hangers , locations of all mounting points & heatshields too ..

Any and all 9/87-1990 FJ62 3FE usa-spec. and also same CANADA spec. etc. input on a 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEA usa-spec. factory stock exhaust system routing and component features original PLANT A11 installed

GHOST has a pretty nicley done professional exhaust made stainless steel system from the PO , he had done ...

- minus some off roaders thing , you cut your tail pipe approx. 20" short of the rear chrome bumper location area a stock tail pipe would and did ?

- sitting at a stop sign or traffic red light , the exhaust fumes can rise due to no driving forced air sweeping them away , it's getting worse too so having my local professional exhaust shop add-on a kustom correction section in same stainless , welded in place in my must-do now ....

finding a real good image of the exact tail pipe routing past the rear axle housing is proving to be tougher then tough ?

in that circa- era Toyota was shifting away from a straight out the back end straight pipe with that ODD-azz little dive down to a level cut in the pipe end to make it flat llike the pavement

2to the exit at 45" angle reay 1/4 panel , and the last 5-6" og tail pipe was enlarged by a notable bit , say from 2 1/2 " to a solid 3-3 1/4"

i don't think that this was a cosmetics thing only , a sound baffle or sound tuning detail and or it somehow aided in the exhaust gasses escaping faster or in a more FAN -SPRAY patten like a big puff of air as opposed to a skinny tunnel of same in kind compressed air . that has always been my conclusion anyway

i goggled the above for answers on the latest tail pipe routing techniques and such , not much on a FJ60 / 62 , lots of Subaru WRX and Honda zipper fast and furious munbo-jumbo for sure

fundamentals , and also the new and best routing to get the CO / NOX , & HC out and away from my raspatory system ......notta ?

below is a 5/89 usa spec fj62 , its exhaust system routing looks stock maybe original , but i don't understand the various pipes routing , i have not ever seen this before ?

thanks

matt

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

soon , very very soon
sh-e will be done , tripple edit spot checked to make sure FJ80 and FJ62 all apply below correctly , by the FSM correct before the initial non-profit TLCA theme / inspired run in printed etc .... By more then one founding father 3F-E expert on all things 3F-E ( that sure as h#ll ain't me :D:wrench::wrench: ) in our community as well .........

anyone has input this is a community effort open to all 3F-E owner operators , PM me please .... now is that time if you feel a burning desire ,,,,fyi

1713609403408.jpeg

Last edited:
the google 5/89 fj62 / NOT ghost fyi ....

/

1713609914087.png

1713609974498.png

1713609989280.png

1713610030474.png

1713610071999.png

first gen epc. parts diagram 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEA / PNEK usa & canada spec. below :

1713610258309.jpeg

17405-61240

This is the rear section for the 62. I tried ordering it for our truck but the dealer would only sell it to me as a pick up item only. They wouldn’t ship.

The stock exhaust tip location is not ideal if you plan to wheel. Mine kissed a rock and I have sense upgraded to a tip that dumps before the bumper.
IMG_6561.jpeg
IMG_6562.jpeg

We will never wheel. I’m debating about even putting a front driveshaft in.

This is full grandma spec. Original owner was a school teacher. Can’t make it up.

I bent my tail pipe up on the 60 on purpose.

You're living the dream with a stocker and a wheeler. A cruiser for every occasion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom