Looking for good shop in Seattle area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a good cruiser shop in the Seattle/eastside area? I need some stuff done and am getting strange looks at the local auto repair shops when I mention it is an FJ40.

thanks in advance.

how about Puyallup? my buddies do wonderfull work at Billy Bobs Off Road, they know fj40's.........its the ONLY shop I trust my Cruiser to(if I don't do it myself)

tell em Holmaas sent ya....:)

[quote author=tock13 link=board=1;threadid=17657;start=msg170813#msg170813 date=1086643566]
Anyone know of a good cruiser shop in the Seattle/eastside area? I need some stuff done and am getting strange looks at the local auto repair shops when I mention it is an FJ40.

thanks in advance.
[/quote]

I wanted someone to go over the engine and make sure all is well...compression adjust the valves kind of stuff get the webber dialed in because it is running pretty rich. I also need the rear spring mounts replaced. It has been de-smogged so the toyota shop said no way. I need to get the knuckle gaskets done as well...though I can probably do that one. Basically want someone with knowledge of cruisers to assess where it sits as far as stuff needed to be done to get it to totally reliable.

Well, I can do the valves for you, and I have a compression tester that I've never even used - I'm sure I can figure that one out as well.

What do you mean by 'spring mounts'? I can probably help with that one too, depending on what you're looking to do.

I have a Weber, but I'm certainly no carb expert (hence the ditching of my original in favor of the Weber), but I've heard good things about a shop in the Kirkland/Totem Lake area but I can't remember the name. It might have been Carburetor & Fuel Injection (425) 820-1871, but I'm not really sure.

Basically, I don't know of anyone that I'd recommend as a local 'authority' on the mechanics of a de-smogged & Weber'd cruiser. I'm far from it, but I'm learning as I go. Partly out of personal pride and partly out of necessity, I haven't ever had my cruiser in anyone else's shop in the 7 years I've owned it. Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Steven Tetu at Extreme Bends up in Vancouver, BC, or (as John mentioned) Billy Bob's. The guys at Billy Bob's set up the Weber 38 on my step-dad's CJ7 with good results.

If you want to get hooked up with a (sorta) local club, check out Rain Country Land Cruisers on notjeep.com. There's an online forum there too, with a couple guys that know their stuff.

I'm pretty booked the rest of this week, and I'll be in Chelan most of next week, but I wouldn't mind giving you a hand if you'd like.

Give me a call on my cell any time (425)232-8331

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom