Looking for Advice - 96 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, Hello! I'm new to the forum. My brother and I have 87 FJ60 3F Engine (see pic) and are looking at acquiring a 96 FJ80 w/ just under 100K miles. All new interior that needs to be reinstalled, body looks great no accidents, some work that needs to be done includes replacing a brake cable (possibly complete brake job) and there is a leak somewhere in the cabin where there radiator supplies hot water to the heater??? I found a handful of FJ80s in the low 100K miles, but nothing 100K. Asking price is $15K, I'm trying to figure out if the ROI is in it after we put in the work...thoughts?

IMG-20220831-WA0035.jpg

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Is it rust free?

Is the body clean?

I may be wrong but I think the heater core is NLA. If so I am not sure how you can fix the leaking heater core. Maybe remove it and pay an old school radiator shop that still repairs radiators to fix it.

The only rust that we saw was the floor boards, but he's having those replaced. He found one at a junk yard and cut out the spots he needs to replace. Body is in good shape. Newer paint job but we'd probably have it redone (wasn't perfect).

Need a couple dozen photos minimum while it's apart and before it's painted
in order assess the body and frame.

Rusty floorboards and a rotted heater core? I have a hard time believing that thing's under 100k miles, unless it was parked in the ocean.

Floorboards are *not* the first thing to rot out on 80s. If those are bad, other parts are, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom