Looking for 60s, 80s, and 100s to customize. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here you go Dave
copy_0_3cycle__image2.jpg

Totally interested

Any idea if it will be applicable to a 60 series? Will be in San Diego for Christmas 10' if you need measurements.:D

the tital says "60s, 80s, and 100s" So yes I do want to build 60s. I would also add to that list 45s, 55s, 70s, 90s, and 200s. Somdays maybe 4-runners, Rovers, and G-wagons, and just about anything eals.

Ok update! I have been working on this and I am getting close to some real progress. At one point I think last year I had a PC crash and lost track of who I was talking to about this project I had some great local interest and would love to talk to those people and others about moving forward on this. Thanks

Charles,

Not really interested in a pop top but if you need an 80 for other interior work let me know.... I really like my drawers...

Tim, I will keep that in mind. Did'nt you have some mods you wanted do to the system? I have a pin latch for you.

Charles,

Not really interested in a pop top but if you need an 80 for other interior work let me know.... I really like my drawers...

Charles, would really like to get that latch from you and meet up to go over some new ideas.. Had knee surgery last Monday so stuck at home for a while.. Maybe end of October or early November?? Thanks

Who on here is it that lives in big bear area and does deisel convertions? I need to contact this person.

Here are some drawing of what I am building. I am building this out of Alu. The great thing about this design is you could move it to another 80 (maybe even a 100) with just a small amount of work. Also we will not have to cut out your roof, becouse you could access the sleeping area via the sun roof, some people will chose to cut out the roof so that they have more of a full on camper.

Here are some pictures.

poptop4.png

poptop3.png

poptop2.png

Any way to make it flop all the way over and turn the lid into sleeping space?

I can't remember the name of it, but there used to be a truck bed accessory cap that went that way, as opposed to the one that flops front to back like Adventure Trailer is now selling.

I like the idea. How much weight do you figure it's putting up on top?

edit: I may be one of the few that doesn't have a sunroof! Is there a plan to make another outside entry?

Dan.

Dan, I am going to start with this design, this is well tested and reliable. I will make you or anyone ealse a pop top that the roof becomes a sleeping platform :) I could also make a out side access but I think if you want to do that you would be better off with an rtt. I am estimating the pop top, hardware and canvas to weigh around 190lbs.

Any way to make it flop all the way over and turn the lid into sleeping space?

I can't remember the name of it, but there used to be a truck bed accessory cap that went that way, as opposed to the one that flops front to back like Adventure Trailer is now selling.

I like the idea. How much weight do you figure it's putting up on top?

edit: I may be one of the few that doesn't have a sunroof! Is there a plan to make another outside entry?

Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom