Looking for 24 volt winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not seen anyone do that. Not sure why you would. 24V is better all around for a winch.

Actually a bunch of people are running 12v winches on 24v cars in offroad competitions,you need a good quality winch to handle that kind of abuse but it sure makes them fast ;)

What size solenoid are guys using too isolate the main power wire too a 12volt winch ?

I use a high current marine switch (manual) that feeds the winch. In normal city use, the marine switch is off and no power is available to the winch. Consider a winch can draw quite a few hundred amps when heavily loaded.

cheers,
george.

Actually a bunch of people are running 12v winches on 24v cars in offroad competitions,you need a good quality winch to handle that kind of abuse but it sure makes them fast ;)
No kidding! I tried the 12v winch on my Troopy just to see the speed difference before swapping motors....that sucker was MOVING!

That is true. If you want the thing to run balls out you just hook a 12v winch straight to 24v. But that was not his question. He wants to isolate to be able to run a 12v winch on 12v coming from a 24v system. To that I say what a waste. Get a 24v winch. 24v winches are better.

Additionally, running a 12V winch from ONE of the 12V batteries of a 24V system is a bad idea. You would heavily drain one of the 12V batteries and then you would have serious problems with charge inbalance as the 24V alternator tries to charge 2 series batteries with a varying state of charge - BAD NEWS!

IF you have a 24V charging system then a 24V winch is the only realistic choice.

cheers,
george.

Joe,
Finished the bumper modifications last weekend, but painting and re-installation delayed roll out until this evening. Here are the pictures that I promised.

Joe1.jpg
Joe2.jpg
Joe3.jpg
Joe4.jpg
Joe5.jpg

Alright, it seems that finding a 24 volt winch in the US is not that easy. If you have bought one here please post where you found it and at what price point please.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,
I did not realize that you moved this request out of the 70 series forum to the winching & recovery. With the majority of 70 series trucks being 24v, will you get the same kind of feedback and information that you were seeking for your needs? I hope so; I was caught off guard.

Joe,
I did not realize that you moved this request out of the 70 series forum to the winching & recovery. With the majority of 70 series trucks being 24v, will you get the same kind of feedback and information that you were seeking for your needs? I hope so; I was caught off guard.

Hey Larry , I did not move this someone else apparently decided it needed to be moved.

COMEUP have full range of 24V winch products.
DV-9 24V DV-9, 24V WINCH | COMEUP USA
We also have DV-9s 24V synthetic rope option in our warehouse and will post it in our online store next week.

you can buy COMEUP winch from our online store or from our dealers in Ih8mud.

I ran my 12 volt winch on my BJ42 until it packed it in, the stator separated maybe due to motor turning so fast?

Bumping an older thread here. I am looking at 24v winches as well now. I have an older 8274 that I picked up for cheap and could swap in an 9.5xp motor (68608) and 24v Albright based on some searching on the web and run it off 24v even though its 12v. For roughly the same price though I could run a Comeup DV-9 24v. Looking for thoughts on how the Comeup winches are holding up or those that have run a 12v 8274 on 24v. I dont want to cause battery issues with a 12v winch on a 24v system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom