looking for 1982 3b flywheel bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bj44.wordpress.com
Hey all, long time no see!!! I'm bringing back my BJ44V back to life after a hibernation of 5 years.
She has a 1982 3B upgrade (from a donor BJ42) that was put in there a year before she went to sleep.

all running fine although the clutch made a squeecking sound when engaged.
so I have decided its time to replace the clutch, pilot bearing, etc. We have already levelled the flywheel by a professional which was showing small hairline cracks on the surface. a new Aisin clutch kit is waiting to be installed, but before we put it all together I want to replace the 6 bolts for the flywheel for new ones. better safe than sorry, especially while we are already there...

I tried to find the correct partnumber (yes also been digging @MUD for hours) and can only find the 90105-13002 that is no longer available. Does anyone has the correct PN of the replacement used nowadays? Thanks in advance, Folkert

Maybe try reaching out to Dave at japan4x4.com
Thank you! However I'd like to be able to find them in the EU zone - so fast shipping / next day delivery - as its now taking up space in my local garage waiting to finish. :)

Thank you! However I'd like to be able to find them in the EU zone - so fast shipping / next day delivery - as its now taking up space in my local garage waiting to finish. :)
Suit yourself.
Dave has been fast to respond when I've used him.

A good option today is better than a great option next week.

Suit yourself.
Dave has been fast to respond when I've used him.

A good option today is better than a great option next week.
Wise words!!! i'll ask Dave and see how long it will take, thanks again! Folk.

I haven't heard from Dave yet, so I will ask myself this question in the meantime, happy to hear your thoughts:

My Findings:
- The bolts are no longer available from Toyota with the initial partnumber 90105-13002
- Also no new partnumber given that replaced the initial partnumber
- I can't find any aftermarket brand that offers flywheel bolts for the 3B engine.
- I hardly find articles on Ih8mud regarding replacing the flywheel bolts for the 3B.
- Nothing is mentioned in the Toyota Workshop Manual that these bolts need to be replaced every time you unscrew them.
- I found it easier to source some other rare parts than these 'basic replacement parts'.

Question:
So I guess there's no market for it, As nobody replaces them?
What is your opinion on the need for replacing the bolts (for a 60.000 miles / 100.000 km engine, so I guess first time the flywheel comes off)?

I can't be the only one on mud that wonders about this....

Check the FSM. Are these bolts marked as single use/ not reusable?
Also, are they torqued to yield? Or just torque to xx ftlb? If they aren't torque to yield, they should be ok to reuse.

I've reused flywheel bolts on different engines in the past without issue.

Beyond that, what are the specs on the bolts? Length? Diameter, thread pitch?
They may be interchangeable with bolts from another engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom