Looking at a 100 series with a broken suspension arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking at a 100 Series on Marketplace and the description actually says that it has a broken Passenger “Rocker” arm and bracket that attaches to the frame and the picture attached is all have to go on. I’ve never looked under a series yet. Can someone tell me what I’m looking at? Is it possible that the lower control is broken and can just be replaced or is there a piece of frame horn or other attachment point that is missing? Thanks.
BCE89831-2293-42D9-826D-C302A286D894.png

I’m looking at a 100 Series on Marketplace and the description actually says that it has a broken Passenger “Rocker” arm and bracket that attaches to the frame and the picture attached is all have to go on. I’ve never looked under a series yet. Can someone tell me what I’m looking at? Is it possible that the lower control is broken and can just be replaced or is there a piece of frame horn or other attachment point that is missing? Thanks.View attachment 2427702

it's a lower control arm mount. The arm is damaged and the back half of the mount on the frame is missing. The vehicle is NOT OPERABLE AND SHOULD ONLY BE MOVED ON A FLATBED.

That can be fixed by a talented welder but I'd expect it to be a grand or more. They will remove that side and I'd expect cut off the entire control arm frame mount, box the frame and weld in a new mount. I would go to a 4x4 shop that does custom fab work for this as the lower arm does not have adjustment built in so this needs to be completely symmetrical to the passenger side.

It's an unusual area to damage that severely. It could come from something like jumping the vehicle intentionally, or also could be as innocent as something falling off of a truck on road and running it over.

Definitely have that vehicle inspected thoroughly for other potential damage underneath.

I have lower arms if that is damaged too. But ya frame side mount fabbed and welded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom