longfield or newfield for BJ70..and tech information too (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello,
longfield or newfield.... that is the question!!!!???:)

I want know, too, if there are differences between BJ70 inner axles/birfields FJ60 inner axles/birfields, beacause I'dd like to buy a 30-spline kit for my BJ70 (http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com), so I try to found a corrispondece Landcruiser US model that have my same axles!

Thanks from Italy-cruiser;)....and sorry for my bad english!

BJ 73 TD said:
hello,
longfield or newfield.... that is the question!!!!???:)

I want know, too, if there are differences between BJ70 inner axles/birfields FJ60 inner axles/birfields, beacause I'dd like to buy a 30-spline kit for my BJ70 (http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com), so I try to found a corrispondece Landcruiser US model that have my same axles!

Thanks from Italy-cruiser;)....and sorry for my bad english!

I've broken 2 Newfields, 0 Longs. Longs are a far better birf IMHO. The birf's are all the same...the long side inner on a 70 won't match a 60...the 60 is longer...so you won't be able to use a 30 spline kit.

Yap .. you can only use the birf .. from boby ..

BTW I use Newfields with my 37" with chains and no problem .. I have also the inners ..

Have someone shorten the long side.....there is enough meat on those 30 spline kits to shorten an re-spline the long side....

Not that big of a deal.

I would get the 30 spline Longs and be done with it.

:beer:

If your 70 is a 1985-1989 (which your BJ70 should be), use 40 series aftermarket birfields. If yours is a 1990-1999, you can use your stock inner axles and Longfield's 27 spline or Newfield, etc. Polyperformance can make you custom length chromoly inners if you want. You just have to specify the axle shaft lengths.

Dave

beanz2 said:
If your 70 is a 1985-1989 (which your BJ70 should be), use 40 series aftermarket birfields. If yours is a 1990-1999, you can use your stock inner axles and Longfield's 27 spline or Newfield, etc. Polyperformance can make you custom length chromoly inners if you want. You just have to specify the axle shaft lengths.

Dave

My 70 is a '86... but I know that my bierfields are differents by FJ 40, but equal to BJ 42 (with ful floating axles)

Poser said:
Have someone shorten the long side.....there is enough meat on those 30 spline kits to shorten an re-spline the long side....

Not that big of a deal.

I would get the 30 spline Longs and be done with it.

:beer:

.....re-spline long side and short side too (not only short side)!!!!
but are you sure that there is enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom