Long time.. first time. Just bought an 80. Family sized crawler build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say thank you for the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I bought @maxamillion2345 2nd 80.

I have a very built Long traveled Taco.

IMG_9158.JPG

And my wife built a GX470

IMG_9211.JPG

And now we have a 1997 FZJ80

IMG_3519.jpeg

So i immediately pulled the steps off and put 35s on

IMG_3549.JPG

Pulled the old broken badge off and replaced it.

IMG_3574.jpeg

Ripped the faded wood paneling out and started detailing her inside and out. Also did all the fluids and the air filter.

I placed an order for new leather for the seats and new seat gears. The rear door locks don't work so I ordered those and new speakers for the front and rear doors to replace the original blown speakers.

Once my wife goes back to work Ill order the dobinsons long travel lift and 5.29 gears and lockers. Then ill start saving for armor and all the little things (cromolly axles, low gears in the t-case, winch, lights, beefy tie rods, 37s). Im excited for this project.

I felt like I was forcing my taco through barrett lake and the rubicon. It would be nice to have something that was more equipped for the rocks and can hold the whole family. Im still going to keep the Taco for "overlanding" and going fast.

Also trying to copy @BayArea80 's build.

Last edited:
1588878731072.png

His and Her's creepers.... The family that wrenches together, stays together.

Detailed the truck. Carpets cleaned very dirty carpet
View attachment 2298540

sucking up black water was satisfying
View attachment 2298544

Removed cracked and faded trim

before
View attachment 2298541

After

View attachment 2298542

View attachment 2298543
Did you just pull them or use a little heat gun? Process would be great as mine smoked also. Thanks and nice purchase, I like you just went big right away, I have been baselining and still waiting to drop big coin.

Did you just pull them or use a little heat gun? Process would be great as mine smoked also. Thanks and nice purchase, I like you just went big right away, I have been baselining and still waiting to drop big coin.

Haven't dropped any coin yet. Had the rims and tires on the side of my house. I used a heat gun on low and a plastic tire lever for a bike.

Welcome to the addiction

Used to follow you on IG while I had one. Was super into your taco a couple years ago before I saw the light and fell in love with solid axle vics. Look forward to your build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom