LOGANS RUN 2020 September 17-20th OFFICIAL THREAD *COVID CANCELLED... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ONSC regrets to inform you that this years Logans Run is cancelled.

All registration fees will be immediately refunded.

Uwharrie trails and the surrounding campgrounds are open and available for use, however Roy Cooper's Phase 2 limitation on outdoor group gatherings (25 people or less) won't make most of the key components of the event possible (dinners/raffle/etc). Although phase 2 is scheduled to move to phase 3 a week before the event, it is not clear if Roy will extend it further, OR what phase 3 limits might be (50 people? 100, 200? We just don't know so it is not a risk we can take.)

Because of this uncertainty we want to give folks the opportunity to make other plans. If anyone would like to take over ONSC's reservation at group camp and pay for the weekend's use, please contact me right away. It is possible that Phase 3 will begin prior to the event dates and a larger group will be legally allowed. But I'm sure everyone understands that with catering and all the other expenses involved, we cannot take the risk.

Those of you that choose to come to URE yourself for camping at dispersed camping spots, or Badin lake campground or other areas nearby, wherever you are, beep your horn or toast a beer or a YooHoo for Logan at 9PM on Saturday night!

We'll see you all next year folks. Meanwhile we hope to see you out there.

Stay safe.

Damn if you didn't want me to go that bad you could have just said. You didn't need to cancel to whole event ;)

Well this sucks a big one, but in the world we live in i can understand it. :frown:

COVID is a fun sucker....
I appreciate this group's pragmatic approach. It speaks a lot to the group's collective care for one another and the cruiser community

Nah that's not it, Al's right - we cancelled it because of him.

When I told the Forest Ranger's Office that Al was coming, I was visited by a team of agents in black suits from the Appalachian Protection and Education Society. Something about "6 foot 7 inch.... Hairy.... too big a risk to endangered forest species........." it was all a bit blurry, they had this little shiny pen they had me look at..

Last edited:
Nah that's not it, Al's right - we cancelled it because of him.

When I told the Forest Ranger's Office that Al was coming, I was visited by a team of agents in black suits from the Appalachian Protection and Education Society. Something about "6 foot 7 inch.... Hairy.... too big a risk to endangered forest species........." it was all a big blurry, they had this little shiny pen they had me look at..

Al has been seen in Uwharrie drinking pumpkin spiced lattes too often

1597947009082.png

ONSC regrets to inform you that this years Logans Run is cancelled.

All registration fees will be immediately refunded.

Uwharrie trails and the surrounding campgrounds are open and available for use, however Roy Cooper's Phase 2 limitation on outdoor group gatherings (25 people or less) won't make most of the key components of the event possible (dinners/raffle/etc). Although phase 2 is scheduled to move to phase 3 a week before the event, it is not clear if Roy will extend it further, OR what phase 3 limits might be (50 people? 100, 200? We just don't know so it is not a risk we can take.)

Because of this uncertainty we want to give folks the opportunity to make other plans. If anyone would like to take over ONSC's reservation at group camp and pay for the weekend's use, please contact me right away. It is possible that Phase 3 will begin prior to the event dates and a larger group will be legally allowed. But I'm sure everyone understands that with catering and all the other expenses involved, we cannot take the risk.

Those of you that choose to come to URE yourself for camping at dispersed camping spots, or Badin lake campground or other areas nearby, wherever you are, beep your horn or toast a beer or a YooHoo for Logan at 9PM on Saturday night!

We'll see you all next year folks. Meanwhile we hope to see you out there.

Stay safe.

This seems like the right move to make at this time.

Not happy about the cancellation; however, Rebel Run? Topic for another thread...... @jamesurq

Can we do a canceled by Covid sticker? Gotta keep the streak going, and we could raise a little money to donate on behalf of Logan and ONSC for URE

Sounds like a fun idea. Anyone that would want a sticker, mailed to them before the "non event (hopefully) for like $5 with shipping? Like this post and I'll get with Alex to put one together - then I'll order some and put them on the site as a first come/first serve thing.

I could also put a design out there as a made to order shirt/hat/etc - like I've done for Upstate's OTMT and am now doing for CLCC's Fall Crawl 2020... Do a "heart" if you'd also probably buy a 'canceled by covid' Logans run shirt or some other swag. If you want an example of pricing go to the site and look at what I've done with the Fall Crawl for this year. Basic shirts to hoodies...

Last edited:
Pre-order the decals asap and they'll ship just about when the event would have been:

Snooze and you'll lose. Don't expect these to be available after the pre-order. Shipping is included in the $5 price

Legal: Whereas the aforementioned Decals do represent an “event” known henceforth as Logan’s Run 2020. Whereas that event was legally cancelled and this ceases to continue to be an “event”. Let it be known that there will be NO distribution of these decals at any non sanctioned grouping of under 25 (if subject to phase 2) or another larger and more exuberant but still responsibly distanced group (if subject to phase 3) as outlined by our Governor.

Translation: buy it online. I’m not gonna be handing any out.

Last edited:
Pre-order the decals asap and they'll ship just about when the event would have been:

Snooze and you'll lose. Don't expect these to be available after the pre-order. Shipping is included in the $5 price

Legal: Whereas the aforementioned Decals do represent an “event” known henceforth as Logan’s Run 2020. Whereas that event was legally cancelled and this ceases to continue to be an “event”. Let it be known that there will be NO distribution of these decals at any non sanctioned grouping of under 25 (if subject to phase 2) or another larger and more exuberant but still responsibly distanced group (if subject to phase 3) as outlined by our Governor.

Translation: buy it online. I’m not gonna be handing any out.

You forgot "warranty void if tag removed"

Decals have been ordered and will arrive on the 9th. With regular mail shipping you should have them some time in the next 2-3 months. ;) Wait.... 2-3 days.

Get your orders in now, these WILL sell out.

don't send mine to me, save some money and ill grab off of you next month

Those of you that expressed interest in a tee - order now and it will likely be in your hands before the event:

Cheap ass version: $14 (all sizes) made with a Gildan 5000 single side print in few color choices:

Snobby version: $24.50-29 made with a Next Level ring spun cotton with 2 sided print and a few color choices.

Since there wasn't a ton of interest, that's all I'll do for now - want a hoodie or something else? lmk.

Those of you that expressed interest in a tee - order now and it will likely be in your hands before the event:

Cheap ass version: $14 (all sizes) made with a Gildan 5000 single side print in few color choices:

Snobby version: $24.50-29 made with a Next Level ring spun cotton with 2 sided print and a few color choices.

Since there wasn't a ton of interest, that's all I'll do for now - want a hoodie or something else? lmk.
T size?

sorry Al.... Tall sizes are a rarity in the made to order world.

Decals are arriving today (1 week before schedule) Get those orders in - there's just a few left unaccounted for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom