Location of power door lock relay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In mine the heater and everything else is in the way you can't get your hand in between to undo nuts On the junction box

My landcruiser will lock all doors with the remote
Will only unlock driver door with key in door lock
Will lock all doors with master lock button on inside of driver door
Can hear both relays working but unlock relay isn't as loud as lock relay when activating if that makes sense

pegasus dale,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same symptoms as you described and haven't fixed my issue. I've replaced actuator motors and still cannot unlock any doors except the driver door.

I'm thinking my door unlock relay is failing. I assume it's a 2 stage relay. Pressing the remote unlock 1 time unlocks the drivers door. Pressing it twice unlocks all doors. There has to be a break in the circuit that includes the 2nd stage of the unlock relay.

Any help here is much appreciated. For over a year now i have to climb around the truck to unlock all the doors. I have a rope routed from the front of the truck all the way back to the trunk that I can pull and it unlocks the trunk. I need to move on from this Jerry rigged nonsense.

Im a bit confused. Is the problem the actuator ? How is it they all go at the same time ? Ive just experience all the door locks simultaneously becoming sticky. They will not lock or unlock fully. Can someone please provide clarity on replacement of all actuators or a fuse issue or such. Kindly NOT so LuckySob

pegasus dale,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same symptoms as you described and haven't fixed my issue. I've replaced actuator motors and still cannot unlock any doors except the driver door.

I'm thinking my door unlock relay is failing. I assume it's a 2 stage relay. Pressing the remote unlock 1 time unlocks the drivers door. Pressing it twice unlocks all doors. There has to be a break in the circuit that includes the 2nd stage of the unlock relay.

Any help here is much appreciated. For over a year now i have to climb around the truck to unlock all the doors. I have a rope routed from the front of the truck all the way back to the trunk that I can pull and it unlocks the trunk. I need to move on from this Jerry rigged nonsense.

Ever sort this out? I'm experiencing this exact issue. Thinking it's relays but would like to know what you did to fix it, if you have. Thanks!

Thanks for the participants of this thread - you saved me $600 in door lock actuators. Replaced motors in all of the doors several years ago…fast forward to today, only the driver’s door worked.

Turns out the 23 year old relays were toast. Worth the $15 and busted knuckles

IMG_5353.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom