Local shops to your area (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engine/Drivetrain
John West Auto Service Inc & Machine Shop
3216 Lake Woodard Drive, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 250-0825

Boyce McCaskill Auto Service
3316 Hobby Court, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 878-6116

Exhaust
Henry's Muffler Shop
1823 East Millbrook Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 872-8545

Henry's Muffler Shop
2202 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 832-7022

Parts
T-Hoff Inc
1109 North West Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
(919) 833-8671

Sandblasting
Area Sandblasting
(919) 266-9017

Top Coat
6001 Triangle Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617
(919) 787-0302
Top Coat

these people all have somewhat cruiser specific knowledge?

Can anyone recommend a good transmission shop in the triangle area?

im also looking for somebody to take a look at my trans :/
and a wrench turning day would be great!

i agree, i would love to come to a wrench turning day, and just watch and learn...

I just purchased a 86 FJ60. Do you know of anyone in Western NC.?

I am a new FJ80 owner and am looking for a shop in Asheville. Please help!
there is a place called mostly toyotas, or known commonly as mostly's. dont have a number for you though.

I just purchased a 86 FJ60. Do you know of anyone in Western NC.?

What kind of shop are you looking for? I am also in WNC.

Dave

I wanted someone to go over my rig top to bottom. I chose Merriam Automotive in Duluth, Ga- Peter is the owner and comes highly recommended. I will probably use Mostly's after that.....or do it myself with FSM I just ordered. My 60 is finally getting dropped off tomorrow after a long wait... first thing is underbody chassis cleaning- I did my Tacoma today for practice- very dirty job, but so satisfying.

Mechanic

Lewis Tire in Clayton did steering knuckle for me at half the price of the dealer...if it holds up I'm good with him....Jason....919-359-9050....He races off-road ForeRunners...

Wayne Auto Salvage 919-734-3958 Goldsboro has two f80 wrecks in their yard.....

I need a good mechanic in the vicinity of Mebane (Alamance County). Driving an fj80 with an inspection sticker that expired last January. Already replaced O2 sensor, VSV and ECR. Getting a PO401 code. Does the "PO" stand for Pxxsed-off?

Howdy all! Can anyone recommend a shop who knows LC knuckles? Thanks in advanced!

Talk with your local members, we will be glad to schedule a HAMOM (Help a member of the month) to get you taken care of. If you want some more information shoot me a PM

the fj80 i bought from ashville had most of the work done at mostly toyota according to the PO. while i don't know the mechanics side of the story the PO said he just had them do a brake job on it cause the rear brake was smoking and he said they just put new pads on and it was fine. the rear piston was pitted and the brake fliud was so bad the bleeder was fused soild. not my idea of a quality shop, but like i said the PO may have told the mechanic not to fix it. knowing nothing else about the shop i would say keep this in mind.

Is Tar heel 4wd the only good 4wd shop near charlotte. I am now determined to track down and squash this annoying death wobble I get from 30-40 mph and would like someone wiser than I to look at it. :grinpimp:

Talk with your local members, we will be glad to schedule a HAMOM (Help a member of the month) to get you taken care of. If you want some more information shoot me a PM

Thank you Greg! I'm all about the HAMOM, I don't know a lot about LC's mechanically, but I am a quick learner. Look forward to helping out and learning in future HAMOMs.

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this but I am looking for a good general Toyota mechanic in Winston Salem. I have owned a 95 FJZ80 that I have decided to keep and restore and although I have maintained it with proper oil changes etc.. I'd like to have it looked at by someone who knows Toyotas.

My past mechanic was good at taking care of maintenance but was wondering if any of you Triad guys knew of someone you could recommend that is trustworthy and priced well.

I know I need the brakes checked and after having my oil changed yesterday, they told me that I had a small oil leak. I thought this was a good time to have it in to be looked over. It is probably in line for an overall tune up too.

Thanks in advance,
-Murph

Randy's Automotive Repair
1001 W Academy St Madison 27025
336-427-4472

specializes in toyotas. He has help me numerous times on my taco and already on the 80 tell him fletcher sent you.

Claybrooks Tire & Recapping Inc
Stoneville 27048
336-573-3135

These guys have fixed holes in the side wall of my tires that two other places wouldnt even touch. good people

Last edited:
Good general repair shop in Greensboro??? Been searching the archives with no luck..don't need lifts or anything 4WD related, just good, honest, knowledgeable basic maintenance and repair service for a reasonable price on a Toyota Highlander that just rolled off factory warranty. Thanks!

Moving to the crystal coast this week with my FJ60. Any shops in the area for repairs?
Thanks

Not a full blown cruiser shop but Baldrees in havelock is a club member and a sponsor. Sent u a pm

I need to have a pre-purchase inspection done on the '85 4Runner. Anyone know a place west of Raleigh or even around / south of Chapel Hill that would have a little knowledge of a 22re or at least an older Toyota? The Dealership may even be a good place to do considering the potential new owner may prefer that - but thought I might find a specialty shop.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom