Local Fabricator Found! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I have some pretty excited news to share. I was selling my 285/75/16 that I took off my fjz80 to someone on craigslist that had a 96 as well. We had a small talk on what he does as well as what i do and to which I learned that he has a person that works for him that can fabricate items like bumpers, sliders, etc. Best thing is that he said that it's more affordable than some of the big suppliers.

So I wanted to post this out to get a tally of people who would be interested in grouping up to see if we can get a list of items made. Now im not an expert in welding or finishing but he said that grouping would help with minimizing the cost of some type of spray/dipping polarization or finisher. I dont know to be honest but that's the main reason for grouping.

Now i want metal sliders but things like bumpers and such are in the mix. Wanted to see who else would be interested. Post!! :)

Another one for 100 series sliders. Depending on price.

A.J

sweet! Also if anyone interested in bumpers, rear swing outs or roof racks?

I'd be interested in sliders and/or a low pro roof rack for a 4th Gen 4Runner. The sliders would most likely be similar in size, but obviously have different mounting locations

I'd be interested in getting some tubing bent since I don't have a bender. Would be nice to have someone locally with those capabilities that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

I'd be interested in getting some tubing bent since I don't have a bender. Would be nice to have someone locally with those capabilities that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

X2

Bumpers for a 62!

Did this go anywhere? I would like slides for 78 FJ40 and possibly 2004 LX470

Hey Bringing this back up from the dead. Long story short I've found a guy that does it for Tacoma and 4runner up in the dallas area. I'm trying to gather the right information needed for the cruisers as far as distance from pinchwelds etc.

Keep posting interest if you are so I can pm you about getting this.

I'm trying to get the right information because they offer ERW and DOM with DOM costing more. He said ERW should be fine but understand that people will ask more about DOM.

Stoked because we will be saving $100 bucks from shipping itself already! :)

Im interested. I need sliders for my 80 and a custom Jerrycan holder that would use my OEM spare holder on my 80.

Let me know!

Ok I'm going to copy and paste the information that is required for the correct measurements needed for them to build out the sliders correctly. Please chime in so that we can get accurate measurements for all land cruiser models.

Pasted:
The measurements I need are L1 (full length of slider)
L2 (length of the leg from the frame to the pinch weld)
If it's under 70" long it's 3 legs over 70 is 4 legs
So I would need the measurement of where each leg would need to be mounted over the frame length (and keep in mind they mount to a 4x4 plate so have to make sure the clearance is good for the plate )

518031549.jpg

I would prefer a kick out at the rear of the sliders. Like metaltech 4x4 or white knuckle etc for 80 and 100 series.
Save body on many occasions !

I would prefer a kick out at the rear of the sliders. Like metaltech 4x4 or white knuckle etc for 80 and 100 series.
Save body on many occasions !
He does kick outs too. Just cost more I believe. Ill find out. Any help on the measurements I posted helps!

Ok I'm going to copy and paste the information that is required for the correct measurements needed for them to build out the sliders correctly. Please chime in so that we can get accurate measurements for all land cruiser models.

Pasted:
The measurements I need are L1 (full length of slider)
L2 (length of the leg from the frame to the pinch weld)
If it's under 70" long it's 3 legs over 70 is 4 legs
So I would need the measurement of where each leg would need to be mounted over the frame length (and keep in mind they mount to a 4x4 plate so have to make sure the clearance is good for the plate )

View attachment 1471028
can anyone chime in on the measurements? i know that there are 3 different measurements and placements for catalytic converter. Please help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom