local 80 needing help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok I didn't get a call from Olathe Toyota that the parts were in, so I called them. The parts are not in. I sure hope they are in on Wed. As soon as I get the call I will post and advise. They are already paid for, so I can have anyone designated pick them up.

Just got the call that they're in. We'll get them picked up and delivered to Jess's.

Will be picking up part soon got the 2 seals we had installed and the o2 wiring spliced in prep for tonight. Luckely I had an o2 pigtail in my wiring stash as I really bony like splicing wires right next to each other.

C542AFDD-2994-41F9-9323-E78817C23637.jpeg

BE117998-9D75-41FF-9A93-857E16CA60A6.jpeg

DE670ADB-AF3B-4231-8E0A-2D6F91193DA0.jpeg

B882623A-BC09-44DE-BDE9-3924C641BE92.jpeg

see you guys at 7.

How did tonight go? ANy luck? Any more borken parts? need anythign from me?

Tonight, @cjmoon worked on wiring , rear main, and front and rear seals on the transmission. He worked from about 4:30 to 9:00.

@OverlandDad and @FZJ80 in KC worked from 7-9 helping with seals and material handling.

I stopped in for about an hour and a half.

The rear main is replaced, the front pump seal is replaced, the rear output seal is replaced, the input seal to the transfer case is replaced.

With halves are bolted together and staged on the transmission jack to stab in tomorrow night.

The hoses I picked up we're wrong so I'll have to try again. Worst case we use the old ones even though they are very soft. I would estimate that we have another 6 hours with 3 people before it's ready to run.

Again, tentatively Saturday.

As Mark layed out. Ready to bolt back to the engine me tomorrow night.

2AE300D7-9783-48D4-91F8-9285464AEFB1.jpeg

I stopped at the dealership this morning. The two hoses we were looking for a NLA. We will use the ones that came off the truck. They are a bit softer than I'd like but they will do fine. They are not ripped or leaking in any way.

We will check them after they are installed.

We will see if we can get it stabbed in tonight and get all the hard parts bolted on. Then it will be electrical, linkage adjustments, and putting the small stuff back together.

Are you talking about the hoses at the engine/tranny connection? If so, I should have some silicone hoses the right size. Can you measure ID with caliper?

Are you talking about the hoses at the engine/tranny connection? If so, I should have some silicone hoses the right size. Can you measure ID with caliper?

Yes, those are the hoses.

See the attached picture. I would have to ask @cjmoon for the OD/ID. They are the hoses on the far right of the second picture.
IMG_20180328_201950355_BURST000_COVER_TOP (Small).jpg
IMG_20180328_202057472 (Small).jpg

Yep, I know I used standard tube on mine. Can't recall if it was silicone or just tranny hose.... either way, I should have some extra.

Yep, I know I used standard tube on mine. Can't recall if it was silicone or just tranny hose.... either way, I should have some extra.

I think we'll use these as-is. If we get them on and think we will have an issue, then we'll change them to regular hose at that time. If what you use was just straight hose, I'll get that at O'Reilly's and go from there if we need to.

Thanks @2fpower !

Definately just straight hose.... I recall the OEM was available;however CRAZY high prices. I know you know this; however, have to say it....be sure to use Tranny line, it is different.

I’ll verify when I get home I might have some Extra silicone laying around just need to look. but 10mm or 3/8” Id

It will be about 2 hours before I’m home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom