local 80 needing help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added one quart of Valvoline Dex/Merc Transmission Fluid

20180324_182519 (1).jpg

The bottom of transmission pan up close.
20180324_180206.jpg

The bottom of the transmission pan.
20180324_180618.jpg

The lock washer on the bolt side instead of on the nut side.
20180324_180711.jpg

Where the front driveshaft sheared.
20180324_180639.jpg

After removing the front driveshaft, @BILT4ME wanted this picture because of a marking that he wasn't happy with the way it was sitting. He'll have to explain more.
20180324_181534.jpg

The Right Stuff gasket applied and held most of the way to @cjmoon house.
20180324_182306.jpg

We have the transmission and transfer case out.

The front 3" of the bell housing was sheared off. The bottom flange of the transmission has a 3" section broke from the housing. The pan is holding it on.

We are done until the parts come in Tuesday or Wednesday

Thanks so much to the following folks so far:
@2fpower for the replacement transmission
@cjmoon for the use of his garage and his time.
@OverlandDad for his time
@Robkc for his time

We have the transmission and transfer case out.

The front 3" of the bell housing was sheared off. The bottom flange of the transmission has a 3" section broke from the housing. The pan is holding it on.

We are done until the parts come in Tuesday or Wednesday

Thanks so much to the following folks so far:
@2fpower for the replacement transmission
@cjmoon for the use of his garage and his time.
@OverlandDad for his time
@Robkc for his time
Guys thank you. Seriously

The metal looks punctured.
Yes torn open 1/4” wise 1.5” long or so. We can throw some tape over it but carpet will need to come up and floor beat out at a latter time.

Parts are suppose to be in Tuesday although my Tuesday night it ties up.

evenings the rest of the week are open for me. Let me know who is avalible. 2-3 people would be ideal.

Just now seeing this! I'm guessing you guys got parts at Olathe Toyota, but if you got anything from Molle, I work about a 1/2 mile from them and can pickup parts and bring to @cjmoon 's house, if it makes anything more convenient for anyone. Let me know if you need more hands Wednesday or Thursday nights. My technical abilities are near zero on transmission work, but my hands and back can be available if needed. Love our TAC family!

Just now seeing this! I'm guessing you guys got parts at Olathe Toyota, but if you got anything from Molle, I work about a 1/2 mile from them and can pickup parts and bring to @cjmoon 's house, if it makes anything more convenient for anyone. Let me know if you need more hands Wednesday or Thursday nights. My technical abilities are near zero on transmission work, but my hands and back can be available if needed. Love our TAC family!
We ordered from Olathe Toyota. Most parts will be in on Tuesday. Looks like one hose may not be in until Wed.

I have already paid for them, so as soon as I get the message they are in, I will advise a couple folks to see who's available to go pick them up.

We'll have to reuse the clamps if we can. Otherwise, we may do O'Reilly's for those. I someone needs to get something at O'Reilly's, let me know, as my son works there and I get discounts.

Let’s plan on 7 Wednesday and Thursday to see where we get. I’ll solder the rear o2 harness that was smashed and cut by the drive shaft before then. We can pop in new seals and rear main and get the trans and transfer case bolted back together Wednesday. Some of that is heavy lifting.

Let’s plan on 7 Wednesday and Thursday to see where we get. I’ll solder the rear o2 harness that was smashed and cut by the drive shaft before then. We can pop in new seals and rear main and get the trans and transfer case bolted back together Wednesday. Some of that is heavy lifting.

I'll be there tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 7. Should be able to help Thursday as well, as long as Rach is feeling better by then, and can handle the boys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom