local 80 needing help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My shop is close to the vehicle near the 119th Street exit at I-35. I'veIgot plenty of room and a lift. Access to a welder if necessary. I don't have the knowledge you guys do so there may be some specialty tools necessary for this work I don't have. If you want to use my place let me know. We can work inside, spread out and stay there as long as necessary.
I was about to clean out my garage but yours has more space and the lift is a bonus. I should be able to make some time to help out.

@cjmoon has committed his garage to do the work. We will move the truck there either tonight or tomorrow night. My son and I can do this part easily.

It may be easiest to just pull both DS and drag it over there. By the time we get a trailer and load it, we could be at his house.

@cjmoon has committed his garage to do the work. We will move the truck there either tonight or tomorrow night. My son and I can do this part easily.

It may be easiest to just pull both DS and drag it over there. By the time we get a trailer and load it, we could be at his house.
Best idea since we can't be sure the trans won't suffer from bellhouse being shattered etc.. Thx mark

Working tonight, Boy Scout stuff tomorrow morning, then heading to K State, and writing a paper for a class that ends Monday or I would offer some help. If you find more parts that you need hit me up. My parts LX is mostly complete on drivetrain.

Working tonight, Boy Scout stuff tomorrow morning, then heading to K State, and writing a paper for a class that ends Monday or I would offer some help. If you find more parts that you need hit me up. My parts LX is mostly complete on drivetrain.

Thanks!

Wont know what we need for a day or two

Freed up some time for this evening or tomorrow afternoon to assist

Trans pan flange cracked up into the main body of the housing this is right at the ground outplut flange. That is what you are in the lower right of the second picture.

180324_190435.jpg

180324_190456.jpg

180324_190523.jpg

Last edited:
sunday we will be pulling the trans to replace we’re also going to do the rear main and trans seals. Depending or parts availability we may be able to start reassembly.

Mark is picking up the trans tonight and bring his trans jack over tomorrow to get started. Let’s say noon tomorrow to kick this off?

I have one creeper but another would not hurt. Should have everything else we need.

Also pm me for location details. The TAC contact list is correct for my address but recently got a new cell phone number so phone info is no good and some of you might have my old cell info.

Also pm me for location details. The TAC contact list is correct for my address but recently got a new cell phone number so phone info is no good and some of you might have my old cell info.

Same for me except my info is correct.

I'll do my best to coordinate and run for parts and turn as many wrenches as I have time.

Jess and I are here, wotwork on pulling out transmission.

Transmission and transfer case are almost ready to drop. Fighting a few pesky bolts on top.
@cjmoon started about noon.
@BILT4ME started about 11:15 at the dealership picking up parts.
@Robkc started about 1:15.

Good communication and working together well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom