LJ78 Prado BIG Cooling Fan Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Nick, thanks for the input. I had done the clutch fan mod, but am trying a brand new one. Seems to work about the same as the old one post-mod. I do lose a little bit of coolant over time I think, but most of the time I can pour back in from the overflow, and that fills it up. I think it depends how hard I push it over the hills.
I wanted to do most of the GTS mods before I change the head, as I only want to do it once. I next want to remove the EGR system, and will work on larger exhaust this summer.

Just remember, I'm only learning as I go! If you really want a permanent solution that is bar none the best, go to the Evans waterless coolant. After everything I've done, I've realized that is the only sure solution for these engines. You could run it in the red with that stuff and the head will be just fine.

GTSSportCoupe Checking in to see if anything has changed since doing the upgraded fan? I know it's been a while and I have a different truck/engine, but I'm looking at doing a clutch and fan upgrade and wanted to know if there is a better option for my 1KZ-TE other than the 10 blade fan.....

GTSSportCoupe Checking in to see if anything has changed since doing the upgraded fan? I know it's been a while and I have a different truck/engine, but I'm looking at doing a clutch and fan upgrade and wanted to know if there is a better option for my 1KZ-TE other than the 10 blade fan.....
May be try with a new t stat (76C) run much better, + 10 blade fan + new oil silicone fan clutch 15000 cst at least + add a electric front pusher fan

Has any just tried adding water wetter to the cooling system for major temp drops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom