Lj71 "bundera" owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there guys,
I have a LJ71, and need new coils and shocks. I am advised to get the OME suspension, 875 and 874 coils. These are heavy load coils as far as my knowledge goes. Do any of you guys have these suspension and if so, which load weight do you recommend?
Thanks for all the trouble
Cheers
Joe ;)

In my home town there is only an emu dealer, no dobinsons dealer. What load dobinsons do you reocomend, heavy, medium or light?

yah, yah, so i failed spelling...

what are you using it for?

i ran med and could get air on the trail and come down soft and yet a beautiful ride on the highway...

yah, yah, so i failed spelling...
It wasn't about pointing out that you couldn't spell, just trying to help him find the product you mentioned, which he might not of as easily without the correct spelling.

Will use it mostly for overlanding, 4 to 5 day trips in the kalahari and richtersveld. So it should be able to carry some load i.e. fuel, water and the odd freezer and tent. The wife and I will be the only passengers.

med Dobbinson will be fine.
MUCH nicer than OME
I have found the OME tends to not raise the front(shocks and springs), The back gets lifted to compensate for the extra weight you are supposed to throw in there.

Does the dobinsons give it that jacked at the back look?
I would like to lift the front of mine to compensate for the heavy winch and bumper and also to bring it level a bit as I dont carry much load.

I will consider those, although will probably have to import unless they sell in the uk somewhere..
Cheers

I've got standard duty 2.5" lift dobinsons on my LJ70.

The back probably sits about 20 - 30mm higher than the front.

Quite noticable but not enough to make it look stupid.

I put Bundera springs in my LJ Prado. They gave a 30mm lift and hold up well. Only the front bottom seat is different on the Prado so i cut mine and added a 30mm spacer. Mine were from King springs in AUS, and I paid $125 a pair and about $500 for 4 shoxxx. If you're buying the big name brand stuff you will just be paying for the name as they aren't better. Usually renamed generic stuff.
Go for Dobinson's springs, That's next on my list as I need to go slightly higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom