Lithium ion battery advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm putting together a portable water filtration system to collect water samples. I'll be using a 12v peristaltic pump and the battery recommendation is to use lithium ion with a 20 Ah capacity. I'm lost in all the choices available and what battery charger to use. I have looked at two Power Sonic models that are similar in spec but one has bluetooth and the other does not. Neither are cheap at ca. $250 or $500, respectively. I'll need at least two batteries.

Anyone have any suggestions for reliable lithium ion 12 v battery with a minimum of 20 Ah capacity that is under $500 and an appropriate battery charger? I'll be wanting one charger per battery.

There are several significantly different Lithium technologies. I am partial to Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries. Less risky, long life, easy to charge. The charger is typically just a CC/CV set to 14.6V for the "12V" models. You can do it easily with a bench power supply. They will also take partial charges fairly readily so I am guessing that you can easily charge them with a 12V vehicle alternator too. These batteries give mostly around 13.2V on the discharge curve plateau. You'll probably want a battery with good protection circuitry built-in.
I have used several from Bioenno. Excellent customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom