linterested in how many in the forum that owns a 68 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got 7/67.

Last edited:
Can someone post a pic of your radiator? I think i might miss some fastening spots since it feels very loose. If i pull it back it will even touch my alternator

I have a '68 F145 motor in my 71, do that count?

3/69 chassis with a 72 tub and a 77 2F. Still got the three on the tree and the 9mm brake lines though.

we have a 68 as well...chevy 283 motor...soon to have a new holley truck avenger carb and edlebrock intake....
MVC-815S.JPG

Mine is a 11/74

Its bone stock other than the new soft top which is replacing the crushed hard top and torn oem soft top. Originally a dark green color.

I've got a 68 built in 10/67....f engine...4speed tranny and tcase....installing 4 wheel disk...took out the bench seats and gonna put in bucket seats....work in progress...when it's all done they'll be something else to do..ha.

Pic-016.jpg

09/1968-40 Red truck.

Purchased 09/1988.

:beer:

I have a 1968 FJ40 tub that will be mounted on a 1978 frame this Winter once the tub returns from the body shop with its new coat of paint.

The power plant is a late 1978 2F which I'm rebuilding this month as the transmission and transfer case were rebuilt in the Fall. :eek:

I have a 68 that I need to get around to working on soon. It has a 350 with a Downey floor shifter conversion on the stock 3speed. The PO installed the Chebby very badly all sideways with only 3 motor mounts holding it in. So I should probably address that first.

I've had my '68 for over 30 years now. I'm guessing somewhere between 200,000 and 300,000 miles. (The third odometer broke back in the early '80's and I never got around to fixing it.) It's been across the continent several times, and I lived in it in the early '80's in Moab.
Lots of parts are original (front axle, trans and transfer, etc.); motor, part of the frame, some body parts from a '71; driver's seat from my '68 Fiat 124 Coupe; there's even some parts scavenged from my '65 Corvairs.
Some things you just never get rid of.

68 Fj -40

Small block chevy , 420 trans , orion transfer , ARB's front & rear , 4-wheel disc , tilt steeling , warn 9000 winch , 35'' cooper mt tires , on board air , custom dash , bucket seats , custom bumpers (swing away rear ). Large aluminum pwr radiator with twin fans .
fj40#2.JPG

Last edited:
My '68 was bought new by my dad. I recently received it since my 'rents moved from their house. It's in pretty good shape and basically stock. 86k miles.
Putting an Aisin 2bbl on it as soon as I learn completely what I'm doing.

Speaking of that, does anyone have a picture of a nox-device in their 68? Not sure if what I have is one.

Here's a link to some pix:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=110778

Cheers.
Craig

68 Nox devices were of various design, mostly horrible. Sole purpose was to negate the vacuum signal between carb and dizzy.

No longer required in most states. You can just run vacuum from carb to dizzy and be happy.:)

Best

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom