Light bar for Dissent front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Dissent front bumper and went with Rigid flush mount flood lights in the fog light positions and am looking to get something for the middle of the bumper (in front of the grill). If anyone's been following my posts lately, I've been in search of good frontal lighting solutions for my LX470 and have tried HIDs as well as LEDs for my low beams and have concluded that without proper projector lenses, the best option for those lights is a standard H1 bulb. The additional modification needed to make HIDs work just isn't worth the money and effort to retrofit the housings when I can just get auxiliary lighting on the front bumper.

I'm looking to improve my lighting when on mountain roads and off road, and mainly need to fill in the middle section. Lighting from the center of the low beam hotspots outward is fantastic with the Rigid floods, so I really just need to fill in the middle, medium to long range light. I've been looking at the Rigid 20'' light bars, which should fit (measured about 23'' maximum for bolt hole to bolt hole on the bumper slots). Thinking about getting the spot/flood combination. These are a bit spendy but its pretty much plug and play, and easy to wire in to the fog light circuit. A 10'' would fit too and is a bit cheaper, but not sure what beam pattern and if it wouldn't be worth it to just go with the 20''.

Does anyone have any suggestions for that slot?

Last edited:
How do the rigid fogs work in the cut outs? Trying to decide if I should get the Rigid SAE DOT lights for that position or if they are too offset to be used as a standard fog light (ie a little help for the crappy headlights).

Since you already have the floodlight install, I'll look for "spot patterns", KC lite, Baja, Rigid, they're all great brands. I wouldn't get any of the cheap version LED light bars on amazon or ebay. I have two 9inch amazon special spot, they're nothing compare to my Baja Designs Squadron.

How do the rigid fogs work in the cut outs? Trying to decide if I should get the Rigid SAE DOT lights for that position or if they are too offset to be used as a standard fog light (ie a little help for the crappy headlights).
Rigid does NOT make any of their street legal DOT SAE lights in a flush mount design so you can’t run those in the cutouts of the Dissent bumper.

Rigid does NOT make any of their street legal DOT SAE lights in a flush mount design so you can’t run those in the cutouts of the Dissent bumper.
You know I was confused about that because I noticed the flush mount is not an option for the SAE lights on their website, I called and they said it would fit with the d-series flush mount though.

You know I was confused about that because I noticed the flush mount is not an option for the SAE lights on their website, I called and they said it would fit with the d-series flush mount though.
The entire point of their SAE lights is to angle them facing forward and at level with or below the cutoff of your factory low/high beams. The cutouts in Ben’s bumper are not designed to house fog lights because they are angled to the side and not forward facing. So putting the SAE lights in that spot would not make sense due to their beam pattern (wide and very aggressive cutoff). Most people put either flood or driving lights in Ben’s cutouts because of their widespread beam pattern.

Any chance you have a link or two to any of these descriptions?

Choose beam preference, select “flushmount”.

For light bar, I suggest going with 20". I agree with using name brand for longevity. I have no idea what quality of lens the knock-offs use, but I see too many of them fading on other vehicles. I went with a spot pattern. The high-beam lights do a good job of lighting up the entire near-field, the light bar spot patter throws light down the road.

For the fogs, I got a smoking deal on the Rigid SAE Fogs. Like others said, they do not come in flush mount. So I bought the cheapest D2 flush mounts that I could find (Amazon Warehouse) and swapped the front faces. Note: the Rigid face plate pattern is unique and doesn't match the knock-off ones. Since the Dissent wings are angled, I picked up the Ridig wedge spacers (I needed to purchase longer bolts than what came with the wedges to mount the lights). These wedges angled the lights forward. The pattern on the SAE Fogs are amazing. The cutoff is great. The enhance night driving over the regular headlights by far. And with the cutoff, they don't blind oncoming traffic. I wouldn't change anything. No visible shadows from the driver's seat.

I need to get some night pics, haven't taken the time...

20200222_162907.jpg
20200419_111409.jpg
20200419_111352.jpg

I just put the fog lights where you have the bar and two led spot lights in the cutouts. Easy peasy.
Does that setup throw light far enough down the road? Seems like spots in the cutouts would be angled to the sides a bit, and the fogs may not have the distance. Certainly an option though.

For light bar, I suggest going with 20". I agree with using name brand for longevity. I have no idea what quality of lens the knock-offs use, but I see too many of them fading on other vehicles. I went with a spot pattern. The high-beam lights do a good job of lighting up the entire near-field, the light bar spot patter throws light down the road.

For the fogs, I got a smoking deal on the Rigid SAE Fogs. Like others said, they do not come in flush mount. So I bought the cheapest D2 flush mounts that I could find (Amazon Warehouse) and swapped the front faces. Note: the Rigid face plate pattern is unique and doesn't match the knock-off ones. Since the Dissent wings are angled, I picked up the Ridig wedge spacers (I needed to purchase longer bolts than what came with the wedges to mount the lights). These wedges angled the lights forward. The pattern on the SAE Fogs are amazing. The cutoff is great. The enhance night driving over the regular headlights by far. And with the cutoff, they don't blind oncoming traffic. I wouldn't change anything. No visible shadows from the driver's seat.

I need to get some night pics, haven't taken the time...

View attachment 2439330View attachment 2439331View attachment 2439332
That looks great. Do you run the Rigid SAE fogs all the time or only as high beams when necessary?

Does that setup throw light far enough down the road? Seems like spots in the cutouts would be angled to the sides a bit, and the fogs may not have the distance. Certainly an option though.

Yeah I mean they perform exactly like stock fogs to my eyes.

That looks great. Do you run the Rigid SAE fogs all the time or only as high beams when necessary?
Probably have them on when driving at night about 90% of the time, just makes such a big difference over factory headlights, and I have the HIR2 bulbs in there.

Probably have them on when driving at night about 90% of the time, just makes such a big difference over factory headlights, and I have the HIR2 bulbs in there.
Yeah they are badass. I have the Q Series SAE lights on mine and I agree about them making a huge difference.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction for the side wedge spacers? Also, the longer bolt length that you used?

I'm getting my bumper in the near future and would like to run good fog lights in the Dissent cutouts. I'm attempting to source all lighting parts now.

Never mind, found the RIGID D-series left/right wedge spacer part number, 49010 - if anyone else is interested. Kept getting directed to the up/down spacer.

I got this Nilight 20" light bar and it is awesome and fits perfectly in the Dissent mounting holes. Also got a set of 3x3 lights that match the color temperature of the bar and make for a really nice and bright combo 180 degrees in front:

Nilight 20" LED Light Bar: Amazon.com: Nilight 18024C-A 20Inch 420w Triple Row Flood Spot Combo 42000LM Bar Driving Boat Led Off Road Lights for Trucks,2 Years Warranty: Automotive
3x3 Autosaver Light Pods: Amazon.com: AUTOSAVER88 5" Flush Mount LED Pods 80W Quad Row Work Light Bar Flush Cube Diving Lights for Truck Off-Road Bumper Tacoma Boat: Automotive

QAc9Tjz.jpg

WRKavUZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom