lifted 60, soon to be Dobermobile II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2.5" lift w/shocks from BDS (thanks Hank!), anti-inversion shackles from $OR, blood & sweat from Robbie, and many many thanks to the HDC mudders who provided shop space (Evan), courier service (Onur), and last minute tool loans. :clap:

Once I get the right meats underneath (come on tax check & overtime) I'll be out there wheeln w/yas.

To do's include:
* swap over goodies from saggy Dobermobile (Tuffy, $OR seat covers, maybe SROR bumper & Daylighters)
* replace rear carpet w/vinyl (prolly $OR again, if'n anybody other than Shawn has lil order needs from there, pm me)
* sort out dober-loading mechanism (prolly a commercial ramp, but I'm still pondering) & containment system (hoping to not stretch out headliner like DM 1)
* install Rowlands panels & Dynamat (while I'm there...)

Pre-lift:
DSC00062.jpg
DSC00064.jpg
DSC03922.JPG

to-do's also include:
* stop the rust in rear tailgate
* an order to Cdan for fender skirts & hood bumpers
* CB radio so's I can talk to ya'll whilst wheeln :grinpimp:

Post-lift (& the current K9 passengers):
DSC04001.jpg
DSC04002.jpg
DSC03846.JPG

Again, many many thanks to HDC'ers & Mudders: wouldn'ta happened without all ya'll. :cheers:

I'm guessing Robbie convinced you that the "newer" truck was more valuable for putting money into than the older one you were driving.

I'm guessing Robbie convinced you that the "newer" truck was more valuable for putting money into than the older one you were driving.

Didn't take any arm-twisting -- just had to emotionally remove myself from the rig my first doberdog traveled in to agility competitions, Xmas tree hunting, and lake playing. Lou died 2 years after I got the 60, and I've since lost 2 other dobers who grew up with that truck as their 'Let's go!' transportation, including Logan in the pic below, last Sept. :frown:

Robbie spent 10 min under each rig & identified potential areas of concern. [Points for DMII] The PO's recent clutch job on DMII trumped my 8yrs of smallish fixes (PSP, radiator, smog pump) on my 1st 60. 60k less on the clock, less frame & body rust, and tunes instead of a hole in the door was why I bought DMII last spring anyway. Once I stopped being a :princess: about it -- :banana: decision.

I think maybe Evan put it best: I will make new memories with this rig. :cheers:
L post H20 60.jpg

Last edited:
I know that fire station!

:D

The inside has improved beaucoup since you were here last, courtesy of a grant from HomeDespot & some other work done last year.

Now if we could just tear off that 21yo wood siding & paint the cinderblock... :bang:

Brings a tear to my eye seeing someone else has an appreciation of these, er, vintage TLCs.

You might as well add a few more items to your wish list:

U-bolt flip kit.
Bomb-proof rear bumper
Tailpipe rerouted through the spring and out the side
Better bucket seats from the boneyard
Sliders
5-spd
V8
TRD sticker

Looks great, Carol! You're getting there.

Brings a tear to my eye seeing someone else has an appreciation of these, er, vintage TLCs.

You might as well add a few more items to your wish list:

U-bolt flip kit.
Bomb-proof rear bumper
Tailpipe rerouted through the spring and out the side
Better bucket seats from the boneyard
Sliders
5-spd
1HZ-T
TRD sticker

Fixed it for ya!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread