Lift options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I too like the Slee kit, it's really the most comprehensive out there and there seem to be no complaints with it. Of course with that comprehensiveness comes the increase in price.

I haven't installed my lift yet and I was sure that it was going be a Slee in the end because everything is in it, but to be honest I had the opportunity to attend the Overland Expo this year in Amado Arizona and I'm now considering the competitively priced Ironman lift offered by Eli at Camel 4x4.

Ironman has a good reputation in Australia and has been making suspension for years. If I recall the story they have been in business for 50 or so years, starting out as an Iron foundry (hence the Iron in Ironman). they wind their own springs and although the kit is not as comprehensive as Slee's it does seem to offer the required parts to get the job done. Springs, shocks, caster correction plates, pan-hard rods, sway bar extensions and brake lines are included. What seems to be missing compared to Slee's kit are the adjustable rear control arms and the front double carden drive shaft.

Some claim that you need the dc shaft in a 4" lift, others say not, it seems to depend on who you talk to and the individual's experience with drive line vibration. I have no idea whether or not the control arms are necessary, it would be great if someone could chime-in in that regard.

There are quite a few 'Mudders that have bought the Ironman kit and are very happy, it supposedly offers a great ride and I've seen the components, parts are solidly built; it seems competitive to me at $1600. You might want to consider it.

Camel 4X4's site

Last edited:
I hadn't seen the Camel site before. The ironman 4 inch lift looks pretty interesting. I don't know much about their shocks and springs but I bet someone on this site does. I am interested in hearing more. Their panhard rods are inexpensive and look good.

My tires are tiny :eek:. Seriously, it is so hard to get tires to really look big on these trucks and I think the 37's balance it perfectly

...37s are "tiny"? lol! But I guess its like Jack pointed out, you and I are operating from different paradigms my friend!

Thanks for posting the pics and vids, I very much enjoy watching your truck in action!

I went with OME heavies out of the gate for my lift, roughly 2.5-3" of lift.

Didnt change out the shocks. or anything else at all. most will say Im stupid for this but it was my money, and I didnt have much of it at the time.

Threw some used Terra Grappler 33's on there and ran it a few times, to see what I needed/wanted.

Immediatley found it she needed 35's. so I went with some Mickey T MTZ

After the 35's I went with some new shocks. This was about 10-15 wheeling trips over about 2 years.

The rest from there is history. I have added more lift to the front blah blah blah. The whole thing is, I started out with just springs, and worked my way up as I saw fit. I didnt need all this extra stuff to go and wheel with everyone. The wheeling here isnt as hard core as Nay and most probably see though.

All I'm saying is you can throw on 35's, and springs and go wheel, without brakeline ext., drop brackets, caster correctiion, etc. NOW am I saying you shouldnt have these things added eventually? Absolutley not, but you can wheel it without fear of breaking something just because you don't have them on.

I told the wife I was being smarter then the average bear when I started building my rig piece by piece, saving all that money. OH BOY was I wrong, now i'm on 37's and so much more then I ever dreamed of doing to my rig.

Thought the wife was going to beat me senseless 2 days after I put the 37's on and told her, "I Thought those tires would look bigger then that on there".

315/75/16 MTZ on ome heavy lift. Never rubbed and kept all my plastic on
DSCF0046-1.jpg

Good luck with your build, hope I made sense, since I rarely do.
Jeremy

Jacket- sorry to be off topic but is that a 4x4 labs rear bumper in your picture?

Bump It off road's high clearance rear bumper. Had to remove the rear Xmember and chop a bit of the frame ends as part of the install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom