Lift kit and springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a difference between the HJ61 and FJ62 when it comes to a lift kit? Are they the same?

hj is RHD, fj is LHD, so yes...some. Especially when considering steering and knuckle arms. Use Alcan for leaf springs.
Where did you get that information.
HJ = Diesel
FJ = Petrol

To my knowledge diesels may have an extra leaf to cope with the extra weight of the motor.

Where did you get that information.
HJ = Diesel
FJ = Petrol

To my knowledge diesels may have an extra leaf to cope with the extra weight of the motor.
H is for H motors, F is for F motors, BJ is for B motors.

As for the RHD/LHD, sorry, you are right. I'm in Japan and we never see anything other than RHD hj (DIESEL) here. assumed the OP was stateside. Please disregard the post, I'll delete for inaccuracy.

H is for H motors, F is for F motors, BJ is for B motors.

As for the RHD/LHD, sorry, you are right. I'm in Japan and we never see anything other than RHD hj (DIESEL) here. assumed the OP was stateside. Please disregard the post, I'll delete for inaccuracy.

Again, not true. There are a good number of petrol 60s in Japan

3B414366-B0F0-44EE-8226-91D8F10285CD.jpeg

so they are the same but might need a added spring because of the weight? Maybe get a heavy kit instead of a light kit?

so they are the same but might need a added spring because of the weight? Maybe get a heavy kit instead of a light kit?
Yes mate, to the best of my understanding the diesels, either BJ or HJ, have an extra spring upfront to cope with the increased weight of the engine regardless of the year.

@NearJetties & @kevin in okinawa - contribute to the conversation or shutup!

Yes mate, to the best of my understanding the diesels, either BJ or HJ, have an extra spring upfront to cope with the increased weight of the engine regardless of the year.

@NearJetties & @kevin in okinawa - contribute to the conversation or shutup!

Already posted more useful info than than this so :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom