lift help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AndersN

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally have the money to lift my 62 and i was wondering which kit to go with. Im gunna run 33's and i had looked at the safari kit from man-a-fre but cant decide between it and the cool cruisers 4 inch kit. I was also going to run extended shackels. Not to sure what im gunna do but i need to get myself this christmas present soon. Appreciate it

form the reading i have done on the forum, i would go with OME.

"you get what you paid for"

i have decided that i am going to spring mine over (5-6in lift). look into that as well.

good luck

alcan or ome

avoid pinnacle at all costs. or buy my crap a$$ pinnacle springs :D

My 2 cents

I went with the BDS for 2.5" lift on my 62, and was verry happy with with it. Great ride on Hwy and also good off road.
As for the extended shackles....I would NOT use these on the front unless you also do a shackle reversal...you steering will suffer greatly.

i have ome lift and maf extended shackles front and rear and as long as you use shims in front i have no steering issues only issue i have is i wanna go spring over with my lift also but stupid lift laws wont let me. Oh welll

Bryon

Nobody has performance or quality issues with OME. They really have their act together - a fully dialed system. That makes it a really safe choice. Wish I had gone that route. All other options have a little more risk, but usually can be had for less money. So many posts on here on this topic, suggest you do a search, read the thousands of posts, and then ask specific questions. Most of the basic lift spring kits are designed around 33 tires, and give about 3" of lift (though if your springs are worn, you'll get more gain in height than 3"). Oh, your cruiser will not only look better, perform better off-road, but will handle better on-road. Glad to hear you can make this mod.

Not another lift question thread!!
Search you will get about 1897 threads about lifts.
attachment.jpg

Easy 3puttcop

Some people would like to have THEIR questions answered, and if another question arises from someone's answer they can continue - like talking- ....thats why its called a forum.
Probably 80% of questions have already been asked once before. If someone wants to ask a question.....its up to US if we want to answer...?...None of us know ALL the answers...

except maybe C-Dan or Landpimp

Last edited:
I'm just having fun with newbies....:flipoff2:

nothing wrong with the HFS lift, CCOT are great guys to deal with as well; excellent customer service. I've ran the HFS springs + lift shackles on my cruiser since a little while after they came out for the 60/62... still looking good.

I went OME Dakkar 2.5" lift kit with new springs/bushings/greaseable shackles/shocks and it rides awesome. 33x12.5" tires on 15x8 steelies.

It certainly wasn't cheap.... but I plan to keep this rig for a long time and to me it was worth the cost to do it right the 1st time.

3puttcop said:
I'm just having fun with newbies....:flipoff2:

It is all in fun. At least the title of the thread is reasonable, as opposed to threads like "ouch!" and "help". :rolleyes:

To make this thread-related, I have the original OME lift with greasable shackles. Certainly not what you want if majority of your driving is commuting, but it certainly improves the capabilities of the rig.

My 32's fit well, 33's would be no problem.

I have BDS....Canadian springs, no problems, a little lean to drivers side, afordable, i have 32's but have tons of room for larger tires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom