License Plate Moulding Assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so my '05 lx that i've recently purchased (sweet!) came with a floppy moulding assembly. my plan is to pop off the tail gate trim and see if there's a fastener missing from the back. anyone know a part number or know how that assembly is fastened to the tailgate? this right side flaps each time i shut the gate.
IMG_0759.jpg

I found a similar issue when attaching the license plate on my 06 LX, but the whole bottom portion of mine is loose. Is this pretty easy to see the missing pieces when you remove the tailgate trim?

well, i took off the tail gate trim and i'd say it was decently plain what was going on. there are a few plastic clips (had a hard time finding those at my local dealership) along with a couple of plastic posts (for the screws to mount to). i had to remove the whole assembly and 'rebuild' the plastic posts as mine had snapped off. be careful, as you remove the screws you may find that the plastic posts are will shear right off (if not already broken). i used a box store epoxy and just mounted them right back into place (the posts). i replaced the broken plastic clips and all is holding strong. wish i'd taken some photos to make it all a little easier to visualize but alas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom