Lexus LX - Land Cruiser 100 Window Pinch Sensor Reset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The auto up doesn’t work at any position. So unlike the other windows that do work, the drivers switch light is blinking and does not auto up or down, in any window position. The window will bump up or down if I try to use auto but the automatic doesn’t kick in. Make sense?

The auto up doesn’t work at any position. So unlike the other windows that do work, the drivers switch light is blinking and does not auto up or down, in any window position. The window will bump up or down if I try to use auto but the automatic doesn’t kick in. Make sense?
Yes, pinch sensor reset will not fix this problem.

Just did this job today on my passenger rear window which had the 'hits the top then bounces back down' syndrome when using the auto function. I hadn't heard or seen any mention of people doing this or even a regulator/motor replacement on a rear door, so I wanted to chime in with my experience.

I did not remove the glass, I instead taped it and used wooden prop rods, removed the 4 regulator mounting bolts, and pulled the regulator out with ease. On the bench the rear regulator has no spring, so just pull the motor, run it a few seconds, then reinstall. One thing that I got hung up on is clocking the motor to the regulator gear—the motor needs to be one cog back from maxed out even when the window is all the way up. Hopefully that makes sense when you see it.

Overall, the job was much easier than I expected, the ability to do this without pulling the glass was a benefit.

Window is working great, so I'm happy!

Just replaced my smashed passenger front window and this is the top I needed. Thanks for the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom