Lexus GXOR Concept (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2033377

I reached out about front bumper from GXOR concept. Looks like there is a possibility they decide to manufacture (a long shot for sure). Call and email!
This is good news in that CBI apparently retained all IP rights and can sell independently. It also means that if Lexus moves forward with their own GXOR special edition it will likely have a different front bumper (or retain stock bumper design). But if you like/want to see the CBI design made available, make sure to contact them.

Wonder if they got a 275/70/18 spare in the factory location. I’m guessing not.

Lexus will screw up the front grill if they do.

Lexus will screw up the front grill if they do.
You don't trust the people who use the Predator's face as a design scheme?
376f3d2eb1858de6a4f26995182892e3.jpg

So, the 275/70/18 and the FSport wheel combo looks amazing! I'm sitting here wondering if that would fit under stock suspension? I actually prefer the skinnier look.

2019-GXOR-CONCEPT-11_v1_current-600x900.jpg

The somewhat stealthy modification on this truck is what makes it so special. You make it too agressive and it just make it the same as over accesorized Jeep/tacoma or 4runner. This truck would fit well parked in some corporate offices and out in the wilderness. That is the beauty of this concept. It fit more mature customer that does not need to show off but wanted the capability and extra performance.

Fot once i am really glad they did not put some aggressive aftermarket wheels. Never been a fan of the F sport wheel but paired with proper tires it just look right.

There are multiple examples of better looking, and similarly modified GX460's out there. This truck just didn't do it for me. It is exciting to see Lexus make it, but I feel like they kinda missed it on appearance wise.

While I enjoy the looks of the concept, right off the bat it’s not realistic. You can’t fit a spare tire that size under the truck that I’m aware of. It’s tough to market a truck as being off-road capable when it can’t carry a spare tire. Not sure about the GX, but it is verboten to mix tire sizes on the 80 series.

It's mounted on the the trailer in the video. So many buzz killers on this board.

I’m not on facecrack, are there any better pics of the front end?

Which are all here in downloadable format :beer:

Great looking truck. Don’t get what the big ‘concept’ is but great looking truck.

Great looking truck. Don’t get what the big ‘concept’ is but great looking truck.

I think it is more the fact that this is seemingly the first time Lexus has publicly acknowledged the off-road capability of the GX to the general public.

I think it is more the fact that this is seemingly the first time Lexus has publicly acknowledged the off-road capability of the GX to the general public.
I totally agree. It’s good to see them pushing it. I would have hoped for a bit more like throwing multi terrain, crawl control or an 8” FJ swap Elocker for s***s and giggles but to your point it is more the fact that Lexus USA is pushing this. Pretty much everything ‘added’ is stuff you have to get aftermarket anyway. Added to the functionality of the vehicle of itself there appears to be nothing. Hopefully it’s a starting point for a new off-road enthusiast trim line coming down the road. Too many smart people at Toyota and Lexus to present this as such. Good to see people getting excited about it.
A6AF29D0-3329-422E-A945-4C59C295BA7C.jpeg
A6AF29D0-3329-422E-A945-4C59C295BA7C.jpeg

Dear God no....

I bought this ‘thing’ to escape the plethora of 5th Gen 4Runner while at the same time being able to JDM mod it. I like the 4Runner, I do, but you can’t swing a dead cat around here without hitting one!

If you are reading this and on the fence about purchasing a GX460 I strongly encourage you to stop now and snatch up a GX470 or 4Runner, make sure you get a Pro or heaven forbid you won’t be taken seriously. You will be greatly disappointed with the 460 and its soccer mom/Me and the wife couldn’t swing a 200 look.

Love it, but other than it being a brand new vehicle, I like my rig better. It has EVERYTHING that one has and more!!
Albeit, if I were to purchase a new GX, that's the one I'd get, but I'd still need to add dual batteries, compressor, and more armor.

I just got back from Silverton, we were there all week riding dirt bikes and I passed this rig. It looked pretty cool but I wasn't about to stop for pics. Pretty neat collaboration but I'd be surprised if it or anything close to it makes it to final production.

WvYEQ5u.jpg

I led the GXOR run on Friday.....the concept GX460 was cleanly done and performed well.

My wife is already shopping....lol

IMG_20190719_120735.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom