Lexus GXOR Concept (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lexus actually put this out? If only they’d actually put out a grill and winch setup like that.

a grill and winch setup like that.
Was fab’d up by one of the sponsors on the video I’m sure, I like the idea having stuffed ours into cross ditches too many times...

I think it would be a very long wait for Lexus to provide any kind of “off road” package for these given the average soccer mom buyer. :meh:

Was fab’d up by one of the sponsors on the video I’m sure, I like the idea having stuffed ours into cross ditches too many times...

I think it would be a very long wait for Lexus to provide any kind of “off road” package for these given the average soccer mom buyer. :meh:

It was built by CBI. I'm sure they will be getting a ton of calls next week after FJ Summit is over. No idea if the mount will ever be sold to the public...I kind of doubt it.

It was built by CBI. I'm sure they will be getting a ton of calls next week after FJ Summit is over. No idea if the mount will ever be sold to the public...I kind of doubt it.
I would like to see some good pics of that front end, nice alternative to going full bull bar.

I'd risk my life and do this to my wife GX in a heartbeat..........Been looking at those patriots as well, they are amazing, just way over my budget.

I loved the video.

Don't take this the wrong way - but I am concerned about the video clip that shows opening the gate in the middle of the night and driving into a field that appears to be a farm/ranch private road. If you do that - you're likely to end up on the business end of a 12ga explaining what you're doing there, and then getting to spend the rest of the evening/night with the local sheriff. My family has a ranch near where the video was filmed. I can assure that if you did that on our ranch - you'd have a bad day. Videos like that don't help.

I'm sure that the video had proper permission to do it. I'm just suggesting that - at least to me - it may give a misleading idea of what driving around southwest Montana playing pretend overland is really like and get someone into trouble.

Otherwise - very cool build and video. I hope Lexus builds a real offroad model soon. Just copy the TRD Pro model. TRD Pros are built at the port already, so it shouldn't be a big step to swap the same parts onto a GX instead.

I'll agree with the narrator of the TFL video. What makes this unique is it is sponsored by Lexus. Never noticed any interest from them before. This isn't about what the vehicle is so much as it hopefully hints at what Lexus is thinking. Even something so simple as a third row delete, which the Lexus guy mentions, is currently not on the available order list. Do that, the bumpers and sliders, and they'd have my attention. Like Jetboy mentions, Toyota already does this with the 4Rnr so it isn't that big a corporate leap if Lexus wants to do it.

I loved the video.

Don't take this the wrong way - but I am concerned about the video clip that shows opening the gate in the middle of the night and driving into a field that appears to be a farm/ranch private road. If you do that - you're likely to end up on the business end of a 12ga explaining what you're doing there, and then getting to spend the rest of the evening/night with the local sheriff. My family has a ranch near where the video was filmed. I can assure that if you did that on our ranch - you'd have a bad day. Videos like that don't help.

I'm sure that the video had proper permission to do it. I'm just suggesting that - at least to me - it may give a misleading idea of what driving around southwest Montana playing pretend overland is really like and get someone into trouble.

Otherwise - very cool build and video. I hope Lexus builds a real offroad model soon. Just copy the TRD Pro model. TRD Pros are built at the port already, so it shouldn't be a big step to swap the same parts onto a GX instead.

LOL, how do you know it isn't the drive'r property or property that he has access and rights to? Quit reading too much into stuff, you'll enjoy life more.

LOL, how do you know it isn't the drive'r property or property that he has access and rights to? Quit reading too much into stuff, you'll enjoy life more.
Did you read the whole comment? I think they probably did have access. But it's portrayed as though they are out camping and going through gates in the night. That happens too often and ends up in trespassing charges. Also why would you drag your camper out to the middle of your own ranch to go camping? You'd just drive back to your house.

Did you read the whole comment? I think they probably did have access. But it's portrayed as though they are out camping and going through gates in the night. That happens too often and ends up in trespassing charges. Also why would you drag your camper out to the middle of your own ranch to go camping? You'd just drive back to your house.

Yes, I read the entire comment and no, what you said never entered my mind. Maybe I have it ingrained in my mind to stay the trail and on public lands, so I don't think of such things. Also, you've never camped in your backyard before? I know plenty of folks with "hunting/fishing" land with no permanent structures.

Anyways, we're taking this way off subject here. IMHO, the focus of the thread should be about the vehicle.

I told my wife this thing is literally the first SUV from TMC* I’ve been interested in since 1997.

*Note: I completely understand this is just a stock GX with bolt on parts provided by some of the great vendors around here. So really Lexus just funded it. Still...

Yes, I read the entire comment and no, what you said never entered my mind. Maybe I have it ingrained in my mind to stay the trail and on public lands, so I don't think of such things. Also, you've never camped in your backyard before? I know plenty of folks with "hunting/fishing" land with no permanent structures.

Anyways, we're taking this way off subject here. IMHO, the focus of the thread should be about the vehicle.
There's cows on the ranch. He's looking at his map like he doesn't know where he is. I get it - it's marketing, not reality. Just pointing out that reality doesn't work like that.

It is off topic. I'll say no more.

Last edited:
I loved the video.

Lexus is acting serious about this. They developed this concept (including custom designed and branded GXOR Icon suspension system) in coordination with Dan Kunz, the founder of the GXOR group and owner of the GXOR trademark. As you can tell, this is not a lights, nerf bar and cheap lift type of build. Dan posted on FB that they are in serious talks regarding possible production, with Lexus discussing logistics such as crash testing, etc., to get it to market. We will have to wait a little while to see if it gets green-lit, but at least the current indications are very positive.

Some of the aftermarket parts like the CBI front bumper were designed and built under Lexus' direction, and are likely contractually exclusive to Lexus, with Lexus owning all intellectual property rights. This is to prevent aftermarket competition with possible factory design. So we will likely not see the CBI bumper hit the market unless Lexus decides not to move forward with production (and maybe not even after that point, depending on contractual details). But many other components are either now or will be in the very near future. There will be more announcements over the weekend, so keep an eye on the GXOR Facebook page for updates.

Last edited:

I reached out about front bumper from GXOR concept. Looks like there is a possibility they decide to manufacture (a long shot for sure). Call and email!

There's cows on the ranch. He's looking at his map like he doesn't know where he is. My take was that he's "exploring" on private property. Of course the video is all staged. For starters he opens a gate next to a cattle guard to drive through (you drive over the cattle guard and move the cows through the gate) and then the gate is being held by a loop of rope, etc. I get it - it's marketing, not reality. Just pointing out that reality doesn't work like that.

It is off topic. I'll say no more.

While you may have a valid point, I've been on public FS roads in VA that do pass through land where cows and horses are grazing. All that the signs ask of you is that you close the gate after you pass through.

This is good for the GX platform, hoping it gets more aftermarket support than what currently exists today. That's exciting to me, at least that shops would be willing to work with 14+ front bumper options.

Lexus is serious about this. They developed this concept (including custom designed and branded GXOR Icon suspension system) in coordination with Dan Kunz, the founder of the GXOR group and owner of the GXOR trademark. As you can tell, this is not a lights, nerf bar and cheap lift type of build. Dan posted on FB that they are in serious talks regarding possible production, with Lexus discussing logistics such as crash testing, etc., to get it to market. We will have to wait a little while to see if it gets green-lit, but at least the current indications are very positive.

Some of the aftermarket parts like the CBI front bumper were designed and built under Lexus' direction, and are likely contractually exclusive to Lexus, with Lexus owning all intellectual property rights. This is to prevent aftermarket competition with possible factory design. So we will likely not see the CBI bumper hit the market unless Lexus decides not to move forward with production (and maybe not even after that point, depending on contractual details). But many other components are either now or will be in the very near future. There will be more announcements over the weekend, so keep an eye on the GXOR Facebook page for updates.

Toyota won't even put a front locker, winch, or even rock sliders, on any TRD Pro model. hell, Toyota won't even put decent tires on its off road models. It seems kinda hard to believe they'll sell a winch bumper for a GX. They do in some markets for the LC7x. So I guess there's hope. I sure hope they do though! My guess would be a fox suspension setup from the 4Runner and maybe some upgraded lighting along with a 2 row interior. And the rear locker/MTS/Crawl without having to buy the air suspension.

Ideally they'd just slap a Lexus badge on a Prado 150 adventure pack, that's probably what most people would want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom