LEXUS GX470 ABS PUMP (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, does anybody has changed the ABS electric motor, without removing the whole master cylinder?
I do have an intermittent ABS's electric motor fail, that happens when I apply the brake repletely in a short period of time. I know it can be hard, but it will be impossible?
How hard can be?
THANKS

You have to pull the MC. You can't get to the screws and such under the motor with the MC installed.

OK, does the Brake needs a particular procedure to bleed? Or it will be like a regular brake bleeds?
Thanks

If you pull the MC you need to bench bleed the MC prior to reinstalling, then bleed the brakes per the manual (back right, back left, front right, front left). Back brakes need the key to ACC to bleed as they are pump driven.

Thanks Buddy, truly appreciate, I,ll let you know

If you pull the MC you need to bench bleed the MC prior to reinstalling, then bleed the brakes per the manual (back right, back left, front right, front left). Back brakes need the key to ACC to bleed as they are pump driven.

Vlad, where did you find the SST tool: 0923-00101? The normal tool (10 mm) does not fit on the brake line, I do not want to damage the brake line connection. Or there is another way that you can recommend?
Tahnks

I did mine at a shop so they had the tools.

I use a very small crescent wrench to break open the bleeders, it's worked fine and no issues. FSM states key needs to be On (not engine started) to bleed all 4 - turn it to On, wait for the pump to do it's thing (10-15 secs, you'll hear it), then bleed.

Hi everybody, I did it, I replace the Electric ABS Motor without removing the MC on my Lexus GX470 2006.
The MC on 2006 - 2009 is a little bit different. Just need to have a lot of patience, few tools, and regulars skills on your fingers.
I bought the Electric Motor for $254 at Wholesale Parts Express 888-241-8277.

ABS Part Number.jpg

ABS MU.jpg

ABS Accumulator.jpg

ABS Electric Motor Screw #1.JPG

ABS Electric Motor Screw #2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom