Let's talk about maintenance! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is no comparison...

I have a 1995 1HD-T 80 series, have not seen the above mentioned manual, just do as they all said, I use it and fix what breaks...currently wondering if I should change the whole oil pump or just the gear...well your questions are all good, as well as your answers...I have done all the work in my car myself, with a few tools, it is not easy, but it is very conforting of knowing what is done and what is not...great place here guys...cheers

Better Question....Why are you riding a bus to work if you own an 80?

MUDsessive–compulsive disorder (MCD) is a mental disorder where people feel the need to check things repeatedly, perform certain routine preventative maintence repeatedly (called "PM"), or have certain thoughts about wheel stud failure repeatedly. People are unable to control either the thoughts or the activities for more than a short period of time. Common activities include lifting the front end and checking 12:00 and 6:00, inspecting the radiator cap, and smelling exhaust fumes upon start-up. Some may have difficulty throwing old parts out. These activities occur to such a degree that the person's daily life is negatively affected and fear of leaving the garage is inevitable.[1] Often they forego wheeling excursions due to fear of the unknown problem that may arise. Most adults realize that the behaviors do not make sense, but they continue to check lug nuts daily.
That's why I have a LC - I like walking around and talking to people, otherwise if she were regularly drivable, I'd only be talking to her :p

I have a 1995 1HD-T 80 series, have not seen the above mentioned manual, just do as they all said, I use it and fix what breaks...currently wondering if I should change the whole oil pump or just the gear...well your questions are all good, as well as your answers...I have done all the work in my car myself, with a few tools, it is not easy, but it is very conforting of knowing what is done and what is not...great place here guys...cheers
I totally agree - Think about buying a new rig that runs great, that could put you into the same river you are in with your old rig, but with a PAYMENT, possibly the same problems in the near future, so knowing what you have done, and done well, is a kind of insurance policy....

Since I made that comment, I've changed the oil pump, changed coil springs and shocks, AC and everything just keeps doing great, I drive mine on daily basis as if it was a taxi (lots and lots of miles) so need to change oil faster, other than that, car is awesome...thinking about shipping it over there next year, as it is a 1995 model so 25 years are next one...any takers? A442F, Free wheel locking hubs, dual fuel tanks, dual AC, third row seats (no belts) turbo diesel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom