Lead Acid Starter Battery Choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
‘96 FZJ80. I need to replace a ten year old Diehard Platinum AGM ( back when Odyssey made them). PO managed to wedge a Group 31 in there.

I don’t need it to be deep cycle because it won’t really be used for accessories (got a lithium for that in the back). Don’t particularly want another AGM since the alternator doesn’t put out enough voltage to keep it happy. Really looking for the most CCA in a size that will fit in the space without wedging it in there (Group 24 or 27?).

Thoughts?

Had very good luck with Costco dual purpose batteries. Inexpensive and good I think. Made by Interstate (?) I think.

Sounds like your setup is similar to mine in the sense that my start batt runs no aftermarket accessories.
Just a data point to +1 Interstate 27group wet batt. Running 2 up front.
And if it's worth anything, running 2 Interstate D4 AGM's out back fed by a RedArc BCDC.
OEM alternator on all of them.

I too have really enjoyed the price and quality of the interstate batteries from Costco.

I have a die hard platinum agm in my 40 as the main start batt, at least 10 years, been a good batt. After using lots of batts I have formed the opinion that they are random, some good, some great, some dead from day 1. I will say the blue top optima and the Sears platinum ( P2, IIRC) were the best/ repeat cycles and lasted the longest. Being low on voltage is what kills them. I have solar keeping all batts alive on all my vehicles as I got tired of starting em all every sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom