LCLC first annual Christmas Party (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@saltydog has offered to host a Christmas Party/ Oyster Roast at his place in St Thomas Pt. on Dec. 16
I'll let him give the address
Post up what you would like to see happen, this is the first and we want to have something for everyone.

Thanks for hosting, Robert! We discussed a chili cook-off and I'm down for bringing mine. I shamelessly admit that I'd like to try Vitelli's award winning chili as well. If there are enough folks, I think a gift exchange, with rules similar to ONSC, would also be cool.

I like the gift exchange idea, chili is always good.

Glad to host; this will be the weekend after the Mt. Pleasant Christmas parade and I'm tentatively looking to start mid to late afternoon - can push it back later if need be. I have a 60 quart oyster cooker, a grill/smoker with auxiliary firebox for hotdogs, burgers, chicken, Boston Butts, or whatever, and some gas burners to keep your prize winning chili hot; can always bring it in a crock-pot. We ought to have some type of award for the best chili to give you bona fide bragging rights until 2018. Will need to get an idea of how many are planning to attend, number of children/adults and whether you are an oyster eater so we can ensure to plan accordingly. I like the idea of the gift exchange; is that similar to the Chinese gift exchange with a set limit or something else? Can someone insert this into the current LCLC calendar; might help if someone is only looking at our calendar. This is also a good opportunity to reach out to those that have drifted away from club activities or fallen off of mud; text, call or email anyone you know (with a TLC), this will be a great way to end the year and kick off 2018!

For ONSC, the maximum value of the gift is like $10, I think? It's supposed to be a pink elephant type of thing, but folks always seem to bring things I'd like to take home as opposed to things I just want to give away again. Each present can be stolen twice - which works well if there are a lot of participants.

Rae and I are in. I'll have a few oysters but she will steer clear of them. I think she may have had a bad experience; she doesn't talk about it. I'll also bring a chili and some crackers and hot sauce for the oysters.

Robert, if this comes to fruition, the BOD will need to get together with you and have a sidebar conversation regarding expenses. :cheers:

We would love to come especially if kids are invited! We have A Bocci set and can borrow a Corn Hole set from a friend...

Kids are always invited

Sadly, we’ve committed to another Christmas party that same day day.

I guess you'll just have to be at 2

I just got scheduled to work that weekend, so I'll be late. Or maybe on time depending on what time the festivities start.

I'm bumping this post as a reminder to all about the party on the 16th. Is everyone down for the gift exchange? $10 maximum gift amount, wrapped, additional rules to follow at the party (announced by Benke, of course). I'm also down for a beer exchange; something we always talk about but rarely follow through with.

What sides is everyone planning to bring?

I would be down and the wife as well.
You need to update your avatar, brother! Show the 43 some love!

Since Robert has graciously offered his house and the steaming of the oysters, we need to get an accurate count of
  1. number in your family attending and how many of those eat oysters
  2. what side you will bring
Robert said the soirée will be from 4:00 - 6:00 on Saturday the 16th. He lives on St Thomas Point off of Clements Ferry, directions will be pm'd. Don't forget your $10 Dirty Santa/white elephant gift (wrapped please).

@CharlestonG8R or @Salty Dog, one of you might want to update your post to show a list of those attending and what they're bringing so others can plan accordingly. My wife Ronda and I will be there, she eats oysters, I don't. We'll pick a side later, but can bring anything.

Please RSVP by Sunday the 10th since he must order the oyster a week ahead of time. Even if you're a strong maybe, put yourself down. :santa:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom