Events/Trails LCDC9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I definitely want in this year. I've purposely been leaving our July/August open to make one finally.

Any updates from those in the know? Need to start booking our days off for the summer trips.

There was an email to prior attendees which went out a couple weeks ago polling for locations, weeks, etc. I’m guessing any announcement is still a bit away given Cody and Cole will need to line up trail permits from the FS/BLM

Locations being considered

1674658121412.png

All of those look great

I just need some dates and locations, ill make the trek to hang out with good folks.
I’m the same way. We typically do a family trip out west as I like when the two overlap, but in most cases if the week changed I’d still be there even if I have to make the drive myself.

Given the LCDC alternates between Ouray and somewhere else most years, and we were in Breck last year, I’d put my $ on it being in Ouray. But I’d be equally happy if it was any of the places. (Ok not entirely true, Sedona would be especially convenient for us this year, but if it was anywhere else that wouldn’t really stop me)

Honestly, Moab would be the lowest on my list of the options given but I am just one man.

Moab in summer?

The last time I summer camped in Utah was early may a few years ago and it was 95 at night..

Tahoe sounds interesting to me. Lots to do on non-trail days or after-trail time. The lake is awesome…fishing, water sports on offer…the Nevada side lets grown-ups dabble at the tables, etc, and the landscape is gorgeous and vast for biking, hiking, etc.

Re Moab… Summer in Moab is typically BRUTALLY hot. Done pre-LCDC trails in Moab several times and enjoyed them for sure…but blistering was an understatement. Plus… Folks have Cruise Moab on offer, whether official or otherwise.
I love moab in the Spring. Summer? -Significantly less.

Ouray…needs no description. :)

Breck… A reliably familiar success.

Least enticing to my brain:
Big city areas…but mainly because…well…they’re big cities…. :)

Sedona will be too hot that time of year.
Yeah there was a second poll which had various weeks in June, July, and August. All still summer though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom