Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"When in Colorado...."

20220729_154644.jpg

Well, what’s his method??
Sucks that I didn’t get to see your truck in person!

Did you self-install the fabulous and bumpers?

Sucks that I didn’t get to see your truck in person!

Did you self-install the fabulous and bumpers?
I did not install anything. For the first time in my life I went the bought, not build route.

We’re in Moab… if you’re around, let me know.

Made the trip to Ouray via Engineer Pass and Mineral Creek. It might have gotten a bit dicey, but @kcjaz, @laserturbo91 and @GatorBait1551 rolled heavy through rain, clouds and a lot of slippery off-camber shelf roads without so much as a broken rear shock…. Ok, well maybe one broken rear shock. I’ll give you one guess who’s rear shock was changed in a parking lot in Ouray in the the rain.

Top of Engineer Pass:

Last edited:
@laserturbo91 is the poster child for anything but Icon shocks.
Made the trip to Ouray via Engineer Pass and Mineral Creek. It might have gotten a bit dicey, but @kcjaz, @laserturbo91 and @GatorBait1551 rolled heavy through rain, clouds and a lot of slippery off-camber shelf roads without so much as a broken rear shock…. Ok, well maybe one broken rear shock. I’ll give you one guess who’s rear shock was changed in a parking lot in Ouray in the the rain.

Top of Engineer Pass:

Yuk it up. Taking this monster to copper mountain tonight, via pavement, then in Fairplay tomorrow to check out the Burro racing and whatnot. Anyone around and interested in a bite and whatnot, feel free to hit me up....here or txt

20220730_090816.jpg

Last edited:

Top of Engineer Pass:

For the inexperienced who just pussyfooted that trail, how does one break a rear shock?

@laserturbo91

I'm gunna swap out my icons with kings if you wanna maybe try and get a better discount if we both do it :D

For the inexperienced who just pussyfooted that trail, how does one break a rear shock?
Chalking it is to a bad batch from Icon. I know another member who bought from the same vendor, at the same time, and both of his rears failed.

More reports of Icon bro-gram special components failing. When will folks realize these are over hyped junk that do not deserve near the facade of a reputable/quality suspension company their Instagram account would make you believe.

Last edited:

Top of Engineer Pass:

The Ouray side trip was awesome! The video kinda makes it look like it was a bit miserable or scary but it was very cool.

Vid also shows my Dissent bumper in “stealth mode” i.e. when you loose power to the bumper lights. At some point something jiggled loose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom