Events/Trails LCDC 7 - Summer 2021 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep the photos coming! Also everyone have a safe and enjoyable time

Slee.JPG

I spy something new here. Looks like a teaser shot from Slee on one of their shop cruisers. They also made mention on their IG that they were gonna announce and display 3 new products at LCDC. Anyone gonna spill the beans on Slee's new 200 series front bumper 😁

IMG_20210727_180954_237.jpg
20210727_191442.jpg

Left estes park KOA this morning to go check out lionshead in Vail. Then took a detour to check out Paradise Divide Trail. Exploring Colorado is like driving through a Bob Ross painting. We had to take a 3 hour detour since highway 50 was closed from a log truck accident, which brought us through Kebler pass. We ended up finding ourselves caught in one of the most torrential thunderstorms I have ever driven through. The lightning lit up the entire mountainside. We finally arrived at the Ouray KOA at midnight. I've never felt so happy to setup our tent and to crawl into it. Can't wait to meet you all tomorrow (and check out the rigs ! )

Ran Yankee Boy Basin today and ran into Ralph in a White 13 LX at the top. Had some lunch at the small lake up there and took in some nice views. Headed back down and into Ouray. Ran into 3 200s from Alabama in the park when we stopped to air back up. Hope you guys had fun on Imogene and the rain didn't make it too crazy! Speaking of rain, it found us. We went up to Ridgeway, then over to Last Dollar road to head towards Telluride and hopefully find a nice spot to camp with a good view. Now I've been down Last Dollar a bunch of times in the dry, its one of the easiest trails around. My gf and I always run it when we are in the area because it was the first trail we ran the first time we came out here in my old lx470. It's good for just a nice scenic drive through some Aspen groves. But today, about halfway to Telluride, it started to rain. It got slick. And then it started to hail....maybe BB sized. And then the rain really let loose. And that trail turned into one slip-slidey soupy mess. Water and mud was just gushing down the trail....at times it looked like we were driving down a very muddy creek. We made it through with no major problems, but the rain had turned all the camping spots to chocolate pudding. GF didn't want to do any mud wrestling, so we decided to head down to Cortez and get a room for the night. And it looked like that may of been a wise choice. Right after we got to Cortez, another big storm blew through....news said gusts to 60mph. It was raining and blowing like crazy. We sat in the cruiser watching the lightening show as it was rolling in across Mesa Verde....Absolutely EPIC!!! Radar showed that storm line going all the way up north past Telluride. Glad the choice was made to get a room for the night. Hope everyone who was out camping was able to stay safe and stay dry!

Last edited:
@TRD Burglar @Markuson Successful Imogene prerun today. The trail is in great shape and the wildflowers were awesome.

View attachment 2743246
Good running into you guys at Imogene today! Y'all got some siiiick rigs!

Yes! Nice to see you this morning!

So about Imogene… Did you (or anyone else) happen to notice the new-ish , **Mazda Miata** that had somehow arrived at the main water crossing?? We were all scratching our heads over that one. It was barely dirty, top down…no driver seen in it.

If anyone happened to see the Miata actually moving on-trail today, inquiring minds would love to know. :)

LCDC7 officially starts today at 4:30 at Rotary park. Please park efficiently so we can fit everyone in and we’ll also try to get a group photo as well. Look forward to seeing everyone this afternoon. Please remember sched is your daily planner and all details about the event including any updates and/or changes will be posted there.

On our way!

F17AD11D-F082-4CB1-BDFB-8F06429234CF.jpeg

Hey in Albuquerque for final drive up. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Also did the email go out for off-road app? I never saw it.

Safe travels today.

On my way to Ouray! Can’t wait to meet some LC people soon.

Now in NM, from Austin, TX...

Also...I am a total newbie to this group...won’t know ppl there (maybe just 1), BUT you are all now my new friends, haha, or well, that’s what I told my family and friends, lol. It’s kinda hard to explain me going across the country to meet with strangers 🤷‍♀️ lol. I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to explain where I’m going and who I’m going with, to perplexed faces. Driving solo, and while I’ve done several solo trips in the US and abroad, I’m totally excited about this one bc of my newish LC and I want to get ideas about overlanding and mods, and of course get on some trails.

Follow me on instragram for pics/vid @landcruiser_he
8A76322B-D19B-4AA2-AA1E-01C58DFE5DC1.jpeg
3C8D591D-DE9C-4322-8632-EA1068BF1401.jpeg

My wife and I started our trek early this morning from SoCal. Along the way while we were driving through Utah we hit a quick downpour and an 18 wheeler perfectly timed hitting a huge mud puddle and completely covered the driver side. After the initial shock we both laughed. Crazy the amount of mud that hit us. Short while later we stopped in Green River at a self serve car wash to clean her up. The scenery in Utah is absolutely amazing. We did a quick drive through Arches National Park. Breathtaking! Tomorrow Ouray!
View attachment 2743522

after a quick clean up a couple hours later (Arches National Park)
View attachment 2743524
That was some nasty silt! We hit the same flash flood’s and the same car wash :).

867FFB11-3365-4888-8C0B-678FAD94E483.jpeg

Strict speed enforcement on 550 between Montrose and Ridgway. Clocking at end of passing lanes. No mercy.

We arrived yesterday evening and looking forward to seeing everyone !!

Some of the rigs are truly sick!! - makes me realize how much more $$$ this hobby will cost me 😉🤣

Hey in Albuquerque for final drive up. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Also did the email go out for off-road app? I never saw it.

Safe travels today.
Email went out last week direct from OnX. Maybe check spam?

Made it into ouray. Sitting at the brewery watching lots of 2hundos roll through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom