Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a nice set of switchbacks and cool view from the top.

To my screwy eyes, it seems like they kept making it way harder than necessary by cutting corners too tightly...like around minute 5:30. Widen that turn and use the space on passenger...no problem & no need for his slider around that big rock. Same corner cutting tendency at 5:45 too. Feel like our fatty trucks could scoot right on up that with a better line. Let’s do it. :) On-coming traffic might suck...but it looks like you can see ahead pretty well.
Agreed, those trucks are pretty long but they did seem to cut the corners off a bit. I've never used Turn Assist is it of any use in situations like these?

Agreed, those trucks are pretty long but they did seem to cut the corners off a bit. I've never used Turn Assist is it of any use in situations like these?
Yup. If you went wide and then engaged turn assist it would give you a sharp enough of a turn angle to make those switchbacks a walk in the park

If I copied the link correctly it should start at the correct time to show the turn assist benefit for you. If not take it to minute marker 3:35

Yup. If you went wide and then engaged turn assist it would give you a sharp enough of a turn angle to make those switchbacks a walk in the park

If I copied the link correctly it should start at the correct time to show the turn assist benefit for you. If not take it to minute marker 3:35

I don’t have turn assist...(2008) :hillbilly: and I forget I even have crawl control most of the time... but ya, TA might help keep single turn instead of a three point.

I don’t have turn assist...(2008) :hillbilly: and I forget I even have crawl control most of the time... but ya, TA might help keep single turn instead of a three point.

That is for the more privileged than us that have the feature haha. It was fun getting to see it tested in person. Along with the fact I managed to convince my cousin to take out his '19 that didn't even have 10k on it at the time

Looks like a nice set of switchbacks and cool view from the top.

Gotta say though...seems like they kept making it way harder than necessary by cutting corners too tightly...like around minute 5:30. Widen that turn and use the space on passenger...no problem & no need for his slider around that big rock. Same corner cutting tendency at 5:45 too. Feel like our fatty trucks could scoot right on up that with a better line. Let’s do it. :) On-coming traffic might suck...but it looks like you can see ahead pretty well.

PS.
***On the other hand...
**I wasn’t there...and videos are notorious for making tricky obstacles look like nothing...

Some of the super iffy spots I’ve been in...often look tame in pictures. So...who knows...
@Markuson @indycole The Morrison Jeep Trail has been on my list for a while. I'd be happy to meet you guys up there and do it before LCDC. I head to Alaska on 31 July 2020 so anytime before that would work for me and would be a good LCDC pre-run.

The Romer Caravan is all registered. My 200, daughterofromers GX470 and Sarah's 100

Should be a lot of fun!

Registration complete. Should be a great trip and looking forward to meeting some members finally.

Same! Already excited. Interested to run some trails in that part of the state for the first time!

LCDC #6 Fort Collins — Registration Opened at 10am MST Today!

Registered! Looking forward to meeting a bunch of yal and wheeling an area I've been wanting to wheel for a long time! Bringing the family along for the ride too

First timer coming from Indiana with my 11 year old son. Thanks to everyone who organized this event!

Where in Indiana? I'm in Lafayette. I'll be heading more than likely the Friday before.

Where in Indiana? I'm in Lafayette. I'll be heading more than likely the Friday before.
Nice! I'm in Noblesville. Working on logistics today.

Registration done. This will be my first time. Looking forward to running some trails and meeting everyone.

All in, including my wife and 14yr old daughter. We were so excited we had to go find a little taste yesterday. Turns out my wife likes to drive after all.

We can't wait to meet all of you and hope there will be a good showing of families as well.

IMG_1658.jpeg
IMG_1650.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom