LC200 production ending at the end of March 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AnalogCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
There are rumors that the facility where the LC200 is made will shut down at the end of the month to conclude production. They will retool and reopen at a later date to begin production of the all-new J300.
Can someone share what they heard or know about this unverified info. 🤔

Sounds about right. Or actually might be already winding down.
My buddy is a Toyota salesman and US final allocation of LC is this month.

When I was shopping for my 2021, a friendly dealer told me that the cutoff for ordering LCs was in Feb., and the last shipment arrives end of April. He told me which dealers had LCs coming, and the colors.

Sounds about right. Or actually might be already winding down.
My buddy is a Toyota salesman and US final allocation of LC is this month.
Yikes! I have a deposit on a magnetic gray HE for over a month now but I would not negotiate above msrp. No dealer seems to be interested.

579A528A-8075-4E42-8298-F71FDD7E7DD4.jpeg

When I was shopping for my 2021, a friendly dealer told me that the cutoff for ordering LCs was in Feb., and the last shipment arrives end of April. He told me which dealers had LCs coming, and the colors.
Saw you had a sweet deal on your Base gray. Were they willing to negotiate on Heritage Edition?

This....

572304E7-9F3E-40E2-8D0C-7DA7837B9329.jpeg

Saw you had a sweet deal on your Base gray. Were they willing to negotiate on Heritage Edition?
I doubt it, but now there is a precedent, so also maybe. I found a local dealer who had '21 LC listed on their website for $8200 off MSRP. I called about it and was told that the price was a mistake. I quickly called another dealer and asked if they would price match, and they did.

There are rumors that the facility where the LC200 is made will shut down at the end of the month to conclude production. They will retool and reopen at a later date to begin production of the all-new J300.
Can someone share what they heard or know about this unverified info. 🤔

They are currently doing mass production prototype testing on Yoshiwara Line #2 which used to be the Coaster assembly line. Coaster assembly was transferred to GIFU and Yoshiwara is now 100% LC/LX/LC7x manufacturing. This transfer to GIFU happened a few years ago.

Yoshiwara Line #1 manufactures the 200 and the 570. I can definitely see this line being shut down (along with production at Tahara-- though Tahara line won't be shut down due to the fact that the Prado is manufactured on the same line; the LC will just be removed from the final assembly).

Then re-tooling will occur (most likely transfer of Yoshiwara Line #2 tooling/machines to Line #1) and mass production will begin. Then Line #2 will begin manufacture as well eventually as production ramps up. I don't know if the new LC will be manufactured at Tahara. We'll see about that based on sale forecasting and and actual sales. I definitely see the LX version of whatever comes out to continue being manufactured at Yoshiwara. Don't think that will change.

I'd assume deliveries starting to non-US regions later this year once production commences. I would not assume more than a 30-45 day manufacturing re-tooling/re-machining shut down based on past model change shut-downs.

Hell, Toyota has retooling down to a science.

They are currently doing mass production prototype testing on Yoshiwara Line #2 which used to be the Coaster assembly line. Coaster assembly was transferred to GIFU and Yoshiwara is now 100% LC/LX/LC7x manufacturing. This transfer to GIFU happened a few years ago.

Yoshiwara Line #1 manufactures the 200 and the 570. I can definitely see this line being shut down (along with production at Tahara-- though Tahara line won't be shut down due to the fact that the Prado is manufactured on the same line; the LC will just be removed from the final assembly).

Then re-tooling will occur (most likely transfer of Yoshiwara Line #2 tooling/machines to Line #1) and mass production will begin. Then Line #2 will begin manufacture as well eventually as production ramps up. I don't know if the new LC will be manufactured at Tahara. We'll see about that based on sale forecasting and and actual sales. I definitely see the LX version of whatever comes out to continue being manufactured at Yoshiwara. Don't think that will change.

I'd assume deliveries starting to non-US regions later this year once production commences. I would not assume more than a 30-45 day manufacturing re-tooling/re-machining shut down based on past model change shut-downs.

Hell, Toyota has retooling down to a science.
Now, this is what I call information!
Thank you @Onur for sharing.

Now, this is what I call information!
Thank you @Onur for sharing.

That information is about 50% speculative based on certain information that’s really not known at this time related to the next model release.

It’s been a decade since I’ve been to Yoshiwara and things could indeed have changed in terms of mass production testing and MY changeover.

With this official Toyota statement/table, will it still be true that only 1200 units of the Heritage Edition for USDM? (500-black; 500-white; 100-silver; 100-gray)
I've heard this statement of 500 white and black each, but only 100 silver/gray each before. Did Toyota put those numbers out themselves? I feel like I have seen a ton of silver or gray whether on this forum or listed on dealer sites and if there were only 100 of them for the country I feel like I'd have seen A LOT fewer.

I've heard this statement of 500 white and black each, but only 100 silver/gray each before. Did Toyota put those numbers out themselves? I feel like I have seen a ton of silver or gray whether on this forum or listed on dealer sites and if there were only 100 of them for the country I feel like I'd have seen A LOT fewer.
I feel the same way. Let’s hope someone who might have a knowledge will come across this and shed light. I think it is safe to say the 1200 HE units but the breakdown will be hard. And Toyota may have increased the allocation for the final year. Oh well 😅

Funny you say this. I think it’s BS sales marketing that many of these dealerships actually have them in stock. Two local dealers said the same thing and I’ve been to both and they didn’t even have a 200 new or used for sale. Buuuuut, you could order one. I think many of them just want you to contact them to establish a potential sale.

Funny you say this. I think it’s BS sales marketing that many of these dealerships actually have them in stock. Two local dealers said the same thing and I’ve been to both and they didn’t even have a 200 new or used for sale. Buuuuut, you could order one. I think many of them just want you to contact them to establish a potential sale.
The ones I specifically saw had pictures of the actual vehicle, not just one of those fluff ads with stock photos. Just in the last week alone between the Facebook LC200 owners group, and Autotrader I've seen 5 grey HE's. That doesn't sound like a lot, but that would be 1/20 of the entire production for 2021 in a single week. And I'm sure a decent number of them are also going to owners with no care for social media or forums.

I'm just curious where those numbers came from because I've never seen them posted anywhere official, but have heard it a few times before

Edit: Just did a quick Autotrader search for grey and silver HE's. Grey isn't showing a ton right now, but silver which is also claimed to be limited to 100 for 2021 shows at least 15 ads with photos of the actual vehicle

That seems like an extraordinary number to have 15 for sale right now of the entire 100 units for the year. And there were even a few more ads with vehicles showing inbound (who knows if those are real or not)

Last edited:
The ones I specifically saw had pictures of the actual vehicle, not just one of those fluff ads with stock photos. Just in the last week alone between the Facebook LC200 owners group, and Autotrader I've seen 5 grey HE's. That doesn't sound like a lot, but that would be 1/20 of the entire production for 2021 in a single week. And I'm sure a decent number of them are also going to owners with no care for social media or forums.

I'm just curious where those numbers came from because I've never seen them posted anywhere official, but have heard it a few times before

Edit: Just did a quick Autotrader search for grey and silver HE's. Grey isn't showing a ton right now, but silver which is also claimed to be limited to 100 for 2021 shows at least 15 ads with photos of the actual vehicle

That seems like an extraordinary number to have 15 for sale right now of the entire 100 units for the year. And there were even a few more ads with vehicles showing inbound (who knows if those are real or not)
Gotcha, I was referring to the stock photo ads, which can be very misleading.

@HSTexan & @Angelo1 I have been trying to take home a gray HE for over a month now. Two of my local dealers doesn't have any allocation. They checked the northeast mgm inventory on their system and it showed six on the ground, two of them Heritage. There were also a few in transit that have been reserved. Contacted those out of state HE but would not sell below msrp. I've seen silver as well advertised slightly below sticker, prob sold since it's not on the website anymore. The more I go west, I start seeing above msrp regardless of color. Will sell my '21 white HE (not being driven) if I get lucky. They hype with the gray HE is not helping those who wants one.

Edit: I do cross-check Autotrader & Cargurus listings and use them as my lead. Some may not be accurately listed but it definitely brought me to make an email inquiry.

Last edited:
@HSTexan & @Angelo1 Contacted those out of state HE but would not sell below msrp.
Having only just decided last week to get a Heritage, I was bummed (though shouldn't have been at all surprised) that @Eric Sarjeant said he was all sold out. I contacted scores of dealerships across New England over the weekend and was lucky to secure an inbound HE in my preferred configuration closer to invoice than to sticker. @AnalogCruiser there are two gray 3-rows available on the ground for $84-85K in the Boston metro area; PM me for details.

For those after a silver HE, there's an even better deal in Bethesda for a 2-row; on the lot as of today for <$82K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom