LC200 navi delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

New member here just got my first 200 series. And like some members on here i decided to remove my oem navigation.

However i am still confused by the write up that @alta posted:

• 09.2007-08.2010 - 55900-60F11 - (replaces 60F10) - 4-zone, deicer (cold weather package), auto wipers
  • 09.2007-08.2010 - 55900-60F21 - (replaces 60F20) - 4-zone, No deicer
  • 08.2010-01.2012 - 55900-60F41 - (replaces 60F40) - 4-zone, &EMV+DVD CHANGER+AM/FM JBL 14SPEAKE
  • 01.2012-08.2015 - 55900-60L20 - 4-zone, auto AC
  • 01.2012-08.2015 - 55900-60L40 - 4-zone, AUDIO (OVERSEAS MARKET)-EMV + DVD + AM/FM JBL 14SPEAKER
I have a 2008 with deicer. So should i get 60F10 or 60F11?

I am pretty much confused.

You want f10 most likely.
These are deep waters swim with caution.

how do you mean deep waters? you mean it’s a big project? than yes i agree...but it’s been done so i have more confidence as i can see that it’s possible.
does anyone know where would be best to order parts? esspcially 83910-60210?

PartSouqe was a great place, but they stopped carrying several of the main required items. You'll have to do some research to see what is currently available. I know others have had good (but SLOW) results with other middle-east sources. I'd take a look at some of those threads.

For me it was sound quality, (and partly because I wanted to prove it could be done). My current system sounds WAY better than the aging JBL it replaced. I also hated the dated interface of the OEM Nav unit.

Whether it makes sense to spend the money and time is a personal choice, but I assure you the overall experience is improved and feels 100% factory. I have never regretted the decision.

PartSouqe was a great place, but they stopped carrying several of the main required items. You'll have to do some research to see what is currently available. I know others have had good (but SLOW) results with other middle-east sources. I'd take a look at some of those threads.
I did it and found all but one piece. It’s the clock. I guess i gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the premium price at a local toyota dealership. But i will look at all of them.
Not judging but why do people go through all this trouble? You have a perfectly good nav system on your phone or ipad.

For me it was sound quality, (and partly because I wanted to prove it could be done). My current system sounds WAY better than the aging JBL it replaced. I also hated the dated interface of the OEM Nav unit.

Whether it makes sense to spend the money and time is a personal choice, but I assure you the overall experience is improved and feels 100% factory. I have never regretted the decision.

Yes this. I always wanted a LC with a high SQ sound system. That’s why i got it. I’ve been reading posts about navi delete before i got it. For me it’s worth it for sure.
I have a lot of car audio equipment at home just wating to be installed. I think this could be a very nice project. When i do get to it will post pictures.

@alta I'm curious what this is you guys are talking about? You upgraded sound system while keeping the stock headunit?
He removed the OEM navigation and installed the seperate climate control unit(that some models came with) and an aftermarket radio.

I did it and found all but one piece. It’s the clock. I guess i gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the premium price at a local toyota dealership. But i will look at all of them.

Yes this. I always wanted a LC with a high SQ sound system. That’s why i got it. I’ve been reading posts about navi delete before i got it. For me it’s worth it for sure.
I have a lot of car audio equipment at home just wating to be installed. I think this could be a very nice project. When i do get to it will post pictures.

He removed the OEM navigation and installed the seperate climate control unit(that some models came with) and an aftermarket radio.
Pre-refresh I’m guessing?

Our '11 has the drop down middle screen for the kiddos. Does the delete maintain the ability to drop the screen? Anyone know?

Our '11 has the drop down middle screen for the kiddos. Does the delete maintain the ability to drop the screen? Anyone know?
Yes, if you wire it up correctly. You also need a way to get the signal to that screen. Not terribly hard but I didn’t fully finish that part. Instead I installed a WiFi network, attached it to a hard drive w a bunch of movies on it and the kids use their phones, iPads or computes. The middle screen is pretty antiquated.

Yes, if you wire it up correctly. You also need a way to get the signal to that screen. Not terribly hard but I didn’t fully finish that part. Instead I installed a WiFi network, attached it to a hard drive w a bunch of movies on it and the kids use their phones, iPads or computes. The middle screen is pretty antiquated.
So there's a physical button to drop and raise the screen on the non-nav dash? I've got a little media thing hanging off the middle seat inputs for the kiddo. Got about 60 movies on it. Works great for road trips. Would hate to lose it, even as antiquated as it is.

So there's a physical button to drop and raise the screen on the non-nav dash?
No. The non-nav dash doesn't have a DVD screen, so no button. I was making the assumption that a new DVD-enabled head unit would have outputs that could be hooked up to the existing rear screen wiring. You'd have to study the wiring diagrams to confirm. If the hinge is fully automatic (can't remember), then it likely comes down when power is applied, so in theory any switch could be used in the new arrangement. Or it might work with the new head unit, coming down when the DVD rear source is selected.

None of this is plug and play. There is lots of rewiring that needs to be done to make everything work. But the path forward is now proven; simply following the OEM design and using mostly OEM parts (except amp, head unit, speakers).

Pre-refresh I’m guessing?
You mean pre facelift? Than yes.
So there's a physical button to drop and raise the screen on the non-nav dash? I've got a little media thing hanging off the middle seat inputs for the kiddo. Got about 60 movies on it. Works great for road trips. Would hate to lose it, even as antiquated as it is.
There are “OEM looking” aftermarket screens that work in the same way. So if you can’t figure out the wiring you might look into that.
No. The non-nav dash doesn't have a DVD screen, so no button. I was making the assumption that a new DVD-enabled head unit would have outputs that could be hooked up to the existing rear screen wiring. You'd have to study the wiring diagrams to confirm. If the hinge is fully automatic (can't remember), then it likely comes down when power is applied, so in theory any switch could be used in the new arrangement. Or it might work with the new head unit, coming down when the DVD rear source is selected.

None of this is plug and play. There is lots of rewiring that needs to be done to make everything work. But the path forward is now proven; simply following the OEM design and using mostly OEM parts (except amp, head unit, speakers).
Yes it’s nice how so many people with different models and model year accomplished this. Can’t wait to get started on mine.

I spoke to toyota warehouse manager about updated parts number (55900-60F11 - replaces 60F10) and this goes for all toyota parts...both the original version and updated version will fit. The update versions usually have just very minor changes.

Just in case somebody was wondering, now it’s offical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom