LC100 / LX470 17" tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I'm new around here, having just recently picked up an LX470. Disgusted by the stock, pitted chrome wheels, I purchased a set of TRD Rock Warriors over the weekend. They came with a serviceable set of BFG 285/70/17 KO that will buy me some time to figure out which tire I want to run.

I guess the default option would be the BFG KO2 unless I found a killer deal on another brand. LX is going to spend about 95% time on paved roads, but will also be used in the national parks... Death Valley, Zion, Moab, Arches, etc. No intense rock crawling, but enough gravel and washboard roads to want to absolutely be prepared for them.

Which brings me to size. I notice that the KO2 in 275/70/17 is significantly cheaper than the 285. I understand 275 is a few % smaller in diameter and width, but is there something inherently wrong with running that size? Or basically, is 285/70/17 the optimal size or should I be looking at another option? I'm at stock height. thanks in advance!

275/70R17 will work fine. If you don't know already, those wheels will require a spacer to fit on the 100's front hub.

Ok great, thanks for the feedback! And yeah, I'll be getting the spidertrax spacers

anyone know what is the minimum spacer that will allow these to fit? Also, recommendations on a brand of spacer would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom