LC100 / LX470 17" tire

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by ap100, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ap100

ap100

Hi all! I'm new around here, having just recently picked up an LX470. Disgusted by the stock, pitted chrome wheels, I purchased a set of TRD Rock Warriors over the weekend. They came with a serviceable set of BFG 285/70/17 KO that will buy me some time to figure out which tire I want to run.

I guess the default option would be the BFG KO2 unless I found a killer deal on another brand. LX is going to spend about 95% time on paved roads, but will also be used in the national parks... Death Valley, Zion, Moab, Arches, etc. No intense rock crawling, but enough gravel and washboard roads to want to absolutely be prepared for them.

Which brings me to size. I notice that the KO2 in 275/70/17 is significantly cheaper than the 285. I understand 275 is a few % smaller in diameter and width, but is there something inherently wrong with running that size? Or basically, is 285/70/17 the optimal size or should I be looking at another option? I'm at stock height. thanks in advance!

2. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

275/70R17 will work fine. If you don't know already, those wheels will require a spacer to fit on the 100's front hub.

3. ap100

ap100

Ok great, thanks for the feedback! And yeah, I'll be getting the spidertrax spacers

4. txgringo

txgringo

anyone know what is the minimum spacer that will allow these to fit? Also, recommendations on a brand of spacer would be much appreciated.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.