LC100 Damaged Head - keep or get something else? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LC recently had a spark plug blow out. The threads are done and am currently trying to get Timesert installed.

My wife and I share the LC as our only car in the household. We came from a Tacoma and really like how roomy, spacy, and luxurious it is. Would never go back. We don't commute, but drive a lot for outdoor activities. We recently did a 2000 mile trip and it was smooth sailing. We also tow a boat occasionally approx (less than 6k lbs) as well as hauling a dirtbike on a hitch rack. We've got two dogs so two big crates fitting in the back of the LC is great. We don't really do any overlanding / offroading other than getting on some fireroad to get to a trailhead.

I am getting close to 200k on the LC. My fear is that the Timesert will fail again and I'll get stranded far away from home. Curious to hear what others think. Drive it with the timesert? Plan to do a swap? Sell and get something else?

We really do enjoy our LC but reliability is key for us right now.

3.5 years and ~50,000mi on a Time-Sert in the #5 cylinder of my son's 2000 TLC, without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom