LC stopwatch stops at 19:59:59? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

offroadkid

GOLD Star
Threads
Has anyone else noticed that the stopwatch on their clock stops at 19Min59sec59tenths? Then it starts over at zero?! I saw something about this a long time ago on the net, and someone's humerous explanation was "that's how long it took the engineers to repair a broken birfield on the trail", so that's what they determined the length of the stopwatch to be!! :D

I forgot to ask, why do you think it's like that?

I would think your LUXURY Lexus would have one?!! I don't know, but my plain 'ole 92 has one, it's part of the clock. :p

[quote author=offroadkid link=board=2;threadid=8662;start=msg74251#msg74251 date=1071111480]
I would think your LUXURY Lexus would have one?!! I don't know, but my plain 'ole 92 has one, it's part of the clock. :p
[/quote]

even ole fj62'd have em

I had one in the '94 I had, but the Lexus doesn't have one.

Don't know if it's a lexus thing or a newer model 80 thing. I always thought it was funny/odd that it only went 20 minutes.

Hey Doug, I was just showing my wife pics of your Lexus on Armando's photo page!! I was also looking at used LX450's on Autotrader.com, and I don't know why, but there's some that affordable, (16K and under)! What's up with that?

Kid~

I think his name is AMANDO. Don't know him personally, but was on his site a TON yesterday. Does he post here? Anyone know the type of camera he uses? Awesome pics though!

[quote author=offroadkid link=board=2;threadid=8662;start=msg74246#msg74246 date=1071111122]
Has anyone else noticed that the stopwatch on their clock stops at 19Min59sec59tenths? ...I forgot to ask, why do you think it's like that?[/quote]

They messed up. They wanted it to be 1min 59sec ... . They were trying to figure out how much time you would need if you were getting busy in the truck and figured that should be sufficient.
1.jpg

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I haven't seen Amando post in here, but he's on our 80s norcal message board. He lives up north from me in Sacramento.

Thanks Junk!! :D As always, you crack me up!! :flipoff2:

Amando shoots with a Nikon D1x, I believe. He also does photography as his career, so yeah...he gets good pictures too. Hey wait, I'm a photographer....

I actually discovered the real reason that the stop watch stops just shy of 20 minutes awhile back in my 3FE powered '92.

After engaging drive, left foot braking, and simutaneously tipping in the throttle I released the fury of the 3FE. I started the stop watch as I released the brake. All 4 mud terrains clawed at the tarmac, leaving four smokey tracks. At the 60mph mark, I stopped the clock and was amazed to discovered that it read 19:59! That is the real reason. Just enough to time your 0-60's! :D

If memory serves it is because of the led orientation in it. notice the 1 in 19:59 is just a straight line and there is not 0 in its position in under 10.
therefore:
there is no other crystals for make the 1 into 2 or 3 or................................................................
have to admit im with upcruiser though.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom