1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LC stopwatch stops at 19:59:59?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by offroadkid, Dec 10, 2003.

1. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    Has anyone else noticed that the stopwatch on their clock stops at 19Min59sec59tenths? Then it starts over at zero?! I saw something about this a long time ago on the net, and someone's humerous explanation was "that's how long it took the engineers to repair a broken birfield on the trail", so that's what they determined the length of the stopwatch to be!! :D

I forgot to ask, why do you think it's like that?

2. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

wait my cruiser has a stop watch?
    no no im serious?

mike

3. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    I would think your LUXURY Lexus would have one?!! I don't know, but my plain 'ole 92 has one, it's part of the clock. :p

4. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    [quote author=offroadkid link=board=2;threadid=8662;start=msg74251#msg74251 date=1071111480]
    I would think your LUXURY Lexus would have one?!! I don't know, but my plain 'ole 92 has one, it's part of the clock. :p
    [/quote]

even ole fj62'd have em

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I had one in the '94 I had, but the Lexus doesn't have one.

Don't know if it's a lexus thing or a newer model 80 thing. I always thought it was funny/odd that it only went 20 minutes.

6. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    Hey Doug, I was just showing my wife pics of your Lexus on Armando's photo page!! I was also looking at used LX450's on Autotrader.com, and I don't know why, but there's some that affordable, (16K and under)! What's up with that?

7. Safado

Safado

Kid~

I think his name is AMANDO. Don't know him personally, but was on his site a TON yesterday. Does he post here? Anyone know the type of camera he uses? Awesome pics though!

8. phatairman

phatairman SILVER Star

What's the link to look at AMANDO's pics? 8)

9. Asiarider

Asiarider

10. Junk

Junk

[quote author=offroadkid link=board=2;threadid=8662;start=msg74246#msg74246 date=1071111122]
    Has anyone else noticed that the stopwatch on their clock stops at 19Min59sec59tenths? ...I forgot to ask, why do you think it's like that?[/quote]

They messed up. They wanted it to be 1min 59sec ... . They were trying to figure out how much time you would need if you were getting busy in the truck and figured that should be sufficient.
    [​IMG]

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

11. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    I haven't seen Amando post in here, but he's on our 80s norcal message board. He lives up north from me in Sacramento.

Thanks Junk!! :D As always, you crack me up!! :flipoff2:

12. Photo_Cruiser

Photo_Cruiser

Amando shoots with a Nikon D1x, I believe. He also does photography as his career, so yeah...he gets good pictures too. Hey wait, I'm a photographer....

13. upcruiser

upcruiser

I actually discovered the real reason that the stop watch stops just shy of 20 minutes awhile back in my 3FE powered '92.

After engaging drive, left foot braking, and simutaneously tipping in the throttle I released the fury of the 3FE. I started the stop watch as I released the brake. All 4 mud terrains clawed at the tarmac, leaving four smokey tracks. At the 60mph mark, I stopped the clock and was amazed to discovered that it read 19:59! That is the real reason. Just enough to time your 0-60's! :D

14. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

If memory serves it is because of the led orientation in it. notice the 1 in 19:59 is just a straight line and there is not 0 in its position in under 10.
    therefore:
    there is no other crystals for make the 1 into 2 or 3 or................................................................
    have to admit im with upcruiser though.
    Dave

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">